#50 | Eric García - 2020/21 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have anything against Eric. He's been respectful in the way he's conducted himself and I'll wish him all the best when he leaves.

But I just don't understand why we're playing him at all. We've got four senior centrebacks who are much better and we've got at least one young lad who will be with us for longer.

I don't have anything against Eric. He's been respectful in the way he's conducted himself and I'll wish him all the best when he leaves.

But I just don't understand why we're playing him at all. We've got four senior centrebacks who are much better and we've got at least one young lad who will be with us for longer.
You didn't mention Aké recovers his hammy and it's a good idea not to rush him back.
Laporte doesn't seem to be topfit otherwise he would play more.

Stones is on a good way but we know we have to carefully manage his minutes. Got a little rest.

We knew Garcia wouldn't have any problems vs a hiding Porto, so for me it made perfect sense.

Absolutely right decision to keep Garcia going in an unknown covid winter with a packed fixture list. Good risk return.
What PL squad looks in a better shape than our lads right now?

He played well, played effectively as sweeper even on the left side but the truth is that he was not going to be too challenged by Porto who played deep. Of course, being isolated like that and playing so high also puts pressure on you to not make a mistake on a potential counter - a reflection of the trust Pep has in him

I thought as a team they did a good job thwarting most rapid attacks apart from some of the brain farts from Cancelo

Played well ,and which centre back wouldn't when Porto offered nothing going forward.
Would never be a regular for us, that is not to say he will not have a great career.

You didn't mention Aké recovers his hammy and it's a good idea not to rush him back.
Laporte doesn't seem to be topfit otherwise he would play more.

Stones is on a good way but we know we have to carefully manage his minutes. Got a little rest.

We knew Garcia wouldn't have any problems vs a hiding Porto, so for me it made perfect sense.

Absolutely right decision to keep Garcia going in an unknown covid winter with a packed fixture list. Good risk return.
What PL squad looks in a better shape than our lads right now?

Ake not starting is totally understandable and I get resting John because he's just played two games in a row. I'm not sure with Laporte. Reading between the lines of Pep's interview the other day, he might well have been dropped because of his Spurs performance. Even after that, Taylor is eligible to play, right?

I'm not one of those who think we should make Garcia rot in the reserves but I just don't see the point in playing him from our perspective.

He played well, played effectively as sweeper even on the left side but the truth is that he was not going to be too challenged by Porto who played deep. Of course, being isolated like that and playing so high also puts pressure on you to not make a mistake on a potential counter - a reflection of the trust Pep has in him

I thought as a team they did a good job thwarting most rapid attacks apart from some of the brain farts from Cancelo

Yeah he had a few misplaced passes early but thought he had a good game.

Ake not starting is totally understandable and I get resting John because he's just played two games in a row. I'm not sure with Laporte. Reading between the lines of Pep's interview the other day, he might well have been dropped because of his Spurs performance. Even after that, Taylor is eligible to play, right?

I'm not one of those who think we should make Garcia rot in the reserves but I just don't see the point in playing him from our perspective.
Taylor would be the same discussion like Foden over the last years.

Taylor isn't in the 1st team, not yet. I like the philosophy not to burn young talents but to develop them as a player and a personality.
But I'm a patient bloke and others may be not.

Leaving THB out of the equation it made perfect sense again to play Garcia.

When the 1st team is fit the kids won't get called, like next Wednesday.

Had a decent game against a toothless Porto team , always looks confident and reads the game well , but his lack of height and pace means he will never be a top centre back , a good mid table Premier league players at best , and when he does move to Barca i expect his career to emulate Braim Diaz's at Real Madrid , he will get splinters in his arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.