Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

It's surely a great sign that the last time we had so many clean sheets in a row in Europe we won the competition.

Things are starting to look more positive now. Still, key players like Laporte, KDB and Sterling are not in form yet. Bernardo too.

Which isn't bad actually. Imagine us when they hit form!

Saw a lot of the ball, tidy with distribution, don't recall their winger getting past him and always wanted to be involved. For a full back that will do for me.

Every time he got in final third he crossed the ball straight to them.

Well apart from the cross for Jesus's disallowed girl and one good dribble and accurate shot which forced a good save I'd say the signs he is regaining some form are premature. He used to be a difference maker and now he just seems to work hard and put a shift in. Wouldn't be in my starting XI for the important games.
Well let's hope Pep,sees more than you in your description,
The lad was good lastnight.

It's getting to the point where most teams now appeal for everything in the hope that VAR will discover something, however minor or even imaginary, to enable the officious cretins in their far away studios to disallow what ALL fans want to see - GOALS.
Toenails, armpits, outstretched arms pointing where they want the ball to go, it's getting ridiculous. The goals by Bamford for Leeds, Henderson for the victims (ugh) and Watkins on Monday for Villa, VAR seems to be looking to disallow goals for any reason and if the micro-measurements are not relaxed, the game is in danger of being ruined. Once it's gone too far, sadly, there is a danger that there is no way back.
VAR should be there for one reason. To instruct the on-field official to go look at the monitor (unless it is a nailed on and patently obvious to everyone on earth issue). Then it is up to him to allow/disallow the goal or change a card from yellow to red dependant on what he sees. He should be the man in charge, VAR should be what it says -Video ASSISTANT Referee.
Sorry, rant over.
Top ranting

Our decision making and final ball are very poor at the moment , the amount of times we are in the opposition area and are wasteful is the reason we are not scoring goals , and we have no presence in the six yard box . This is essentially down to the fact we havent had a recognised striker for the majority the season , when jesus arrived he tormented their centre backs and was unlucky not to score a couple , and its vital we keep Aguero fit for the next six months , it could make or break our season.

Small dick syndrome,
Am surprised Portugal haven't got more gold medals at the Olympics with all there diving cheating c.nts,

Fernandinho bang on the money

Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho, from Manchester City, at the end of the duel with FC Porto, was very critical of the attitude of the players of the Portuguese team:

«We knew it would be a difficult game, but the way the FC Porto players threw themselves to the ground and how they screamed, it seemed necessary to call an ambulance, I don't know how the referee left it… But we knew that they would play with a lot of encouragement. It was a complicated game for us. »

Had a good game last night.
I don't think he does anything to judge him on. They didn't attack so he didn't have much defending to do. He always makes himself available but only plays simple passes. Which was great when Dave played and he was trying to find openings but could give to Zinchenko so we could keep possession and start again. Last night he slung in a lot of Bobby Brightwell style hopeful crosses that just weren't up to much

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.