COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a mouthpiece that's all, never report anything without an agenda, I think most of the nation has woken up to it. I've finally persuaded my parents to stop watching BBC news and they've just about come out from behind the sofa.

What news sources do not have agendas ? I genuinely find the BBC the most reliable and trustworthy.

it’s scary, many have this view on the bbc and would rather take their news sources and facts from YouTube and Twitter - which really do have a agenda.

A good day and we are getting there. A tremendous effort by everyone. The vast majority I know have done really well and behaved. Our Manchester economy will bounce back like never before I am sure like a coiled spring. We want to eat, drink, watch films, footy and have fun. This is the second city of the uk and loads of people want to live and invest here. City and indeed our rag friends are vital to people visiting this great city and I have no doubt we will be back like never before. There is just something about the resilience of this city that thrives on bouncing back from adversity.

bbc? Trustworthy???

Are you sure?

You only have to watch Question time every now and again to know it's not, select a panel where your agenda driven guests out number the opposition heavily, and fill the audience with guests to drive the narrative. But hey, people are entitled to watch and read whatever they want I guess....

bbc? Trustworthy???

Are you sure?

yeh I think so, sure it’s had its negative moments no doubt - but overall, they really are meticulous in verifying all the detail before reporting.
I think they get a bad rep because they are so huge and in today’s social media world where everyone is fighting for clicks and views, the BBC are a easy target.

A good day and we are getting there. A tremendous effort by everyone. The vast majority I know have done really well and behaved. Our Manchester economy will bounce back like never before I am sure like a coiled spring. We want to eat, drink, watch films, footy and have fun. This is the second city of the uk and loads of people want to live and invest here. City and indeed our rag friends are vital to people visiting this great city and I have no doubt we will be back like never before. There is just something about the resilience of this city that thrives on bouncing back from adversity.
Hope so mate.
I was walking off off piste with my dog this evening. Around Heaton Moor/Mersey and through a clearing I could see the whole of Manchester skyline lit up with their Aircraft lights akin to a US City. All new investment over the past few years...I really, really hope all those wonderful venues (heck even the bleeding Trafford Centre) remerge, bruised but alive.

You only have to watch Question time every now and again to know it's not, select a panel where your agenda driven guests out number the opposition heavily, and fill the audience with guests to drive the narrative. But hey, people are entitled to watch and read whatever they want I guess....

One way to prove how balanced the BBC is ... the left say they are Tory mouthpieces and the right say they pander to liberals.
they can’t win.

Hope so mate.
I was walking off off piste with my dog this evening. Around Heaton Moor/Mersey and through a clearing I could see the whole of Manchester skyline lit up with their Aircraft lights akin to a US City. All new investment over the past few years...I really, really hope all those wonderful venues (heck even the bleeding Trafford Centre) remerge, bruised but alive.

We are about to start two new towers mate, building a new school in the city centre and a medical centre and a park. (In fact two parks! One of the towers a blade shape and 51 storeys and absolutely iconic. Another one 50 storeys in greengate. That skyline will look very different again in a few years time. Also have planning for a circular tower. Huge huge investment and jobs.

A lot of students deferred this year so we will be bursting next year. The new arena is coming and also the factory will be huge.

I have never been more confident that things will bounce back stronger than ever. The people of this city are something else and investment in this city will be immense. Lots of pension funds from all over the world have Manchester in their sites. Huge American funds.

How good will it be 54,000 lovely souls at the etihad! (That will be 62.000 far quicker than people would guess) It is weeks away!! (Might be 30 weeks but we can handle that!)

Last edited by a moderator:
We are about to start two new towers mate, building a new school in the city centre and a medical centre and a park. (In fact two parks! One of the towers a blade shape and 51 storeys and absolutely iconic. Another one 50 storeys in greengate. That skyline will look very different again in a few years time. Also have planning for a circular tower. Huge huge investment and jobs.

A lot of students deferred this year so we will be bursting next year. The new arena is coming and also the factory will be huge.

I have never been more confident that things will bounce back stronger than ever. The people of this city are something else and investment in this city will be immense. Lots of pension funds from all over the world have Manchester in their

How good will it be 54,000 lovely souls at the etihad! It is weeks away!! (Might be 30 weeks but we can handle that!)
I know of the blade & cylinder around Owen Street but what’s the circular tower?
Always thought Levenshulme’s finest Lord Foster would design a signature build in his home city.

Sounds like you’re v positive mate.
All good with the wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.