#50 | Eric García - 2020/21 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have anything against Eric. He's been respectful in the way he's conducted himself and I'll wish him all the best when he leaves.

But I just don't understand why we're playing him at all. We've got four senior centrebacks who are much better and we've got at least one young lad who will be with us for longer.
He filled the role comfortably alongside Dias enabling Stones, Laporte, Ake all to rest and recover for battles ahead. Surely that is the reason Pep picked him for this game, he trusts him to not mess up, he didn't. So we have a clean sheet, 3 rested centre backs fresh to face Fulham, Garcia got game time which might encourage him to change his desire to go home. None of the others youngsters have his experience. Seems hard to find a negative from all that except for the clique of prejudice who cannot look at him except in a negative prejudiced way.

Had a decent game against a toothless Porto team , always looks confident and reads the game well , but his lack of height and pace means he will never be a top centre back , a good mid table Premier league players at best , and when he does move to Barca i expect his career to emulate Braim Diaz's at Real Madrid , he will get splinters in his arse
He'll only get splinters if Barcelona spend 3 or 4 hundred million which appears unlikely in the near future. Too many knowledgeable football people in places of influence see in him what many here can't see or don't want to see. He'll get more games than splinters I believe.

He'll only get splinters if Barcelona spend 3 or 4 hundred million which appears unlikely in the near future. Too many knowledgeable football people in places of influence see in him what many here can't see or don't want to see. He'll get more games than splinters I believe.

Quite sure senor Tebas will turn a blind eye to multi million investment into Barca & Real

Never be a top class centre back as long as he’s got a hole in his arse. Reminds me of Nastasic people were raving about him because he was young and could pass a ball. Same limitations that will and have already been found out a few times.

Only difference is this kids from Barca. Wouldn’t fall for the must be good if Barça want him line either as their defence is currently abysmal when attacked and they’re skint.

Let's hope Garcia doesn't turn out to be a late developer like Pique. Their timelines are very similar, both signed from Barca at 16/17 and made limited first team appearances for their new clubs. Rags I knew at the time were quite happy to get £5m from Barca for Pique, that deal didn't age well.

Let's hope Garcia doesn't turn out to be a late developer like Pique. Their timelines are very similar, both signed from Barca at 16/17 and made limited first team appearances for their new clubs. Rags I knew at the time were quite happy to get £5m from Barca for Pique, that deal didn't age well.
For the fee it didn’t but stick him in an average rags team he wouldn’t improve them greatly. At the time they had 2 centre backs who were a class above him.

For the fee it didn’t but stick him in an average rags team he wouldn’t improve them greatly. At the time they had 2 centre backs who were a class above him.
Barca weren't exactly lacking in that position when their new manager - some fraud called Pep ;-) - signed Pique. Puyol and Marquez were hardly duds.

To be honest after watching him come through the ranks I am baffled by Barcelona's interest in Garcia. He seems painfully slow and his distribution is nothing to write home about. I actually believe Tosin is a better player and Harwood Bellis may also be a better prospect. Garcia may be a late developer but pace is critical in modern football...and he hasn't got any. It may be easier in Spain than here.

To be honest after watching him come through the ranks I am baffled by Barcelona's interest in Garcia. He seems painfully slow and his distribution is nothing to write home about. I actually believe Tosin is a better player and Harwood Bellis may also be a better prospect. Garcia may be a late developer but pace is critical in modern football...and he hasn't got any. It may be easier in Spain than here.
Yes I agree about his pace, I'm not saying he will turn out like Pique but I was struck by the similarity in their careers to this point and the fact that Pep clearly rated both highly at the same stage of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.