No-Kill Meat to go on Sale...

Would You Eat Lab Grown Meat as a Primary Food Source?

• Yes

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if farmers could get qualifications in growing and thus farming these things so that they can sustain their livelihoods?

Farmers/farming has taken many tangents over the years, just to keep up with trends or to survive themselves.
I'd think they'd need a degree in biology and chemistry or such other skillset to make that work, surely?!

100%. Been a pescatarian for 6 months now but do get off cravings of a bacon butty.

Also recently switched from cow milk to coconut soy milk which I love.

It’s a changing trend, last summer at a BBQ, I put out a bowl of quorn chicken nuggets. Once everyone knew what is was they can’t get enough of the stuff now. It’s probably the only decent quorn stuff out there though but it’s all getting better each year.

We’re in 2020, the only reason we need to inhumanly rear and kill animals is for the taste. If we can get that part right in the lab then meat sales could be minimal in the next generation.

I love a steak but i am equally a lover of animals, no not just the taste!

I would yeah, if you can show me a pork shoulder i can't distinguish from the real thing my bbq's would see that slapped on no problem. I imagine it a while though before i can make a beef rib and brisket burger though and it being indisquinshable from the real thing.

On the side of me that loves animals. it will impact that a lot. British cattle are pretty well looked after and have a good life. Even the smell of freshly spreak cow muck has it's charms along with simply seeing them go about their cow business in fields.I also like the idea of cow much being the nutrient base for my veggies. I find the symbiosis of that comforting as opposed to chemical fertilizers.

If we could hit a stage where all livestock lived a good life without restraint of their needs and nature, caged hens for example of something i dislike; With the end being just that, no pain just gone instantly, no forboding walks into pens as such etc... That i find reasonable to.

If lab grown meat becomes the norm, then a deep sense of being part of nature will be lost. I am not against it but the loss of a part of our way of life since we stopped to farm as a species would also be a sad loss at the same time.

The ideal for myself would be lab grown forcing regular farming to become "niche" with live cams of how the animals are kept at farms etc. People would pay a premium for that, at least for a few generations. It deserves a lot of debate on the cultural, ethical repercussions etc. One of the few debates worth having i think.

I will watch this thread keenly, i am very interested in peoples positions on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.