COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of the blade & cylinder around Owen Street but what’s the circular tower?
Always thought Levenshulme’s finest Lord Foster would design a signature build in his home city.

Sounds like you’re v positive mate.
All good with the wife?
Thought Sir Norman was a Stopfordian

We are about to start two new towers mate, building a new school in the city centre and a medical centre and a park. (In fact two parks! One of the towers a blade shape and 51 storeys and absolutely iconic. Another one 50 storeys in greengate. That skyline will look very different again in a few years time. Also have planning for a circular tower. Huge huge investment and jobs.

A lot of students deferred this year so we will be bursting next year. The new arena is coming and also the factory will be huge.

I have never been more confident that things will bounce back stronger than ever. The people of this city are something else and investment in this city will be immense. Lots of pension funds from all over the world have Manchester in their sites. Huge American funds.

How good will it be 54,000 lovely souls at the etihad! (That will be 62.000 far quicker than people would guess) It is weeks away!! (Might be 30 weeks but we can handle that!)
Sounds great, we have worked on a number of the City developments and our clients are just pressing ahead. Glad to hear about the blade shape and the circular tower plans. Dont get me wrong i think the investment and skyline looks great, but sometimes I wonder if all the square Simpson Haugh designs lack a bit of flair. Especially when compared to some of the designs that have gone up in London the past 10 years. I also share your optimism for a quick bounce back.

We are about to start two new towers mate, building a new school in the city centre and a medical centre and a park. (In fact two parks! One of the towers a blade shape and 51 storeys and absolutely iconic. Another one 50 storeys in greengate. That skyline will look very different again in a few years time. Also have planning for a circular tower. Huge huge investment and jobs.

A lot of students deferred this year so we will be bursting next year. The new arena is coming and also the factory will be huge.

I have never been more confident that things will bounce back stronger than ever. The people of this city are something else and investment in this city will be immense. Lots of pension funds from all over the world have Manchester in their sites. Huge American funds.

How good will it be 54,000 lovely souls at the etihad! (That will be 62.000 far quicker than people would guess) It is weeks away!! (Might be 30 weeks but we can handle that!)

And I don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks Boris has been simply beautiful in leading us through this horrific year. An immense strong man with flaws, a history and issues just like all of us.

Brilliant post and really enjoyed the sentiment up until the final paragraph.

Mods, apologies in advance... but I have to take issue with the pro Johnson nonsense. Johnson a strong man?! Even the pro Tory media have him down as a weak leader, dominated by his advisers or his fiancé (depending on which paper you read). His indiscision, miscommunication and general incompetence has led us to worse numbers than significantly larger European nations. The pandemic isn't over and the fall out from this 5 day Christmas COVID holiday may well see us return to another lockdown which could be avoided.

Johnson's flaws are that he's a self serving, proven liar who has been sacked or had to resign from every job he's ever had. His history is littered with controversies and his issues shouldn't be an excuse for his inability to lead the country.

Even today, with the vaccine news the Tories tried to claim that Brexit enabled us to move quickly, a claim contradicted by the MHRA who confirmed that in actual fact this was due to existing provisions under European Law, which is in place till 1st Jan.

The vaccine is great news, there was no need to start playing brexit bullshit, but they can't help themselves.

There's reasons to be positive for 2021 and good reason for Manchester in particular, but it will be in spite of Boris pissing Johnson, not because of him.

As I said, I had read differently.
From what I recall this was covered in a new agreement within the EU in response to the pandemic including funding and sharing of vaccine and not covered by old agreements.
A positive for me is that we have vast expertise,
collaboration skills and commitment in the MHRA that accelerated the approval of this vaccine. Hopes are increasing that the AZ / Oxford vaccine will be cleared by around Christmas too.

The Chinese economy is bouncing back strongly and (unfairly) they are likely to be the biggest winners from the pandemic. Manchester’s strong education and business ties with China could help with the North West’s recovery too.

The Chinese economy is bouncing back strongly and (unfairly) they are likely to be the biggest winners from the pandemic. Manchester’s strong education and business ties with China could help with the North West’s recovery too.
The west should be looking at putting collective tarriffs and sanctions on the Chinese regime until they accept a fair and independent enquiry into the Covid outbreak. We shouldn't be dealing with a country that peddles such lies and misinformation imo. There are several other good reasons for taking such a stance but imo covid is the straw that broke the camels back.

The west should be looking at putting collective tarriffs and sanctions on the Chinese regime until they accept a fair and independent enquiry into the Covid outbreak. We shouldn't be dealing with a country that peddles such lies and misinformation imo. There are several other good reasons for taking such a stance but imo covid is the straw that broke the camels back.
Maybe so but in reality the U.K. would accept favourable business deals with China, where they exist. It would take a global collaboration of Countries to put pressure on China eg to reform / end live food markets and the U.K. is pretty impotent on our own.

China has been taking liberties for donkeys but we’ve said pretty much sweet FA. In Africa, Chinese prison gangs are working massive open cast mines that are destroying landscapes but I’ve not hear anything from Rab and co on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.