Last Film You Saw

Finally got around to watching a couple of older highly rated ones:

The Revenant - Great film. Leo and Hardy were very good. Great action sequences and cinematography. Thought it should’ve been about 30 minutes shorter though

District 9 - Another great film. Didn’t like the fast shakey start but overall loved it and Copley’s performance was excellent
Can I just say... This is how to do a review!

Not enough information to be put off watching it because someone has gone through the whole plot and enough info to know what things to expect without spoiling the rest of it.

View attachment 5940
To save her ailing father from serving in the Imperial Army, a fearless young woman disguises herself as a man to battle northern invaders in China.

Watch able if your into this kind of movie,
Chinese fight scenes whilst running up walls but not a violent film.8/10..

View attachment 5941
Based on true accounts
When ISIS took their homes, families and city, one group of men fought to take it all back. Based on true events, this is the story of the Nineveh SWAT team, a renegade police unit who waged a guerrilla operation against ISIS in a desperate struggle to save their home city of Mosul. Subtitles
9/10

I watched Extraction the other night (fancied a popcorn action movie as I'm on my new film run). Not bad...not quite Bourne Identity, but well executed action sequences.
Watched Mosul the following evening and this is far superior.
Had it been made as in independent Iraqi film it may have been got even more plaudits (given the Russo brothers are behind this).
Was a really well made movie this with great performances. I've got the New Yorker article to read now....

If its half as good as Sharknado or Frankenfish then Im sold.
I think I may have seen Sharknado with my boy.
I honestly thought a past trip from my youth was returning. Is this one where the shark flies through the air into the bar and attacks? Quite credible I thought....

Scrooged. 5/10. One or two funny moments ("I thought you were Richard Pryor") but most of it feels awkward.

Black Christmas 2006. 8/10. Watched the old one the other night.

Carry on at your convenience. 9/10. Sky q box magicaly picking up carry on films. Love them.

Can I just say... This is how to do a review!

Not enough information to be put off watching it because someone has gone through the whole plot and enough info to know what things to expect without spoiling the rest of it.
Not enough information for me, no facts like who directed it and what year it was made.

Also I don't want the whole plot but I'd like to know what the movie is about.

I always include the above as a minimum/maximum.

I watched Extraction the other night (fancied a popcorn action movie as I'm on my new film run). Not bad...not quite Bourne Identity, but well executed action sequences.
Had it been made as in independent Iraqi film it may have been got even more plaudits (given the Russo brothers are behind this).
Was a really well made movie this with great performances. I've got the New Yorker article to read now....

I honestly thought a past trip from my youth was returning. Is this one where the shark flies through the air into the bar and attacks? Quite credible I thought....

Mosul I agree,
It's hard to imagine how you can work/ partner someone,and yet they were a double gent,
I think my favourite part(what brings it home what they were up against)was with the Iranians trying to screw them,& seeing their captured prisoners,and one was his partner,
Also heartbreaking when one guy finds his family(wont spoil it,incase others want to watch it)
But very brave men taking the fight to absolute scumbags,without having the resources...

Mosul I agree,
It's hard to imagine how you can work/ partner someone,and yet they were a double gent,
I think my favourite part(what brings it home what they were up against)was with the Iranians trying to screw them,& seeing their captured prisoners,and one was his partner,
Also heartbreaking when one guy finds his family(wont spoil it,incase others want to watch it)
But very brave men taking the fight to absolute scumbags,without having the resources...
Absolutely.
I will get round to reading the original New Yorker Story (you probably have to register but there's some amazing stories on there):

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/06/the-desperate-battle-to-destroy-isis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.