West Brom (h) post-match thread

He also selected probably our two worst forward passing central-defenders along with a double-pivot(not gonna knock Gundo though, our motm) against a team it was obvious we would play against a low-block the whole game. One of the 2(!!!!!!!) changes he made was to get Walker, our worst footballer by a mile, on the pitch because the 50 million pound left-back he bought cant cut it on this level, which also resulted in Cancelo having to move to the left having to cut in on his right on every opportunity because our shambolic recruitment has left us with only one competent left sided defender, and he is out on loan to a Champions League rival. I really hope that one day we can look back at this and laugh.

We look a different team when stones and Fernandinho are playing "positively" (clearly wasn't against utd). Both look forward and can play quick incisive forward balls encouraging movement in front of them. This coupled with a loss of form to De bruyne and Silva and sterling and no aguero is, I feel is the crutch of our issues.

Add to the mix the loss of some of our recent outgoing players, and it's a heady mix.

The biggest question for me is why have we so many quality players particularly attacking midfielders out of form at the same point, is it purely the covid season limiting good players effectiveness or something else...

Same old story, same old stats.
Buy a Fookin striker pep if the problem is we are not scoring when we should.

I'm having some of that. The subs need to be made with at least 20 to 25 minutes to go, in games like that.
I predicted before the match that Foden would be subbed because it is easier than taking some of the others off, there was no way that he was worse than some of the so called superstars tonight.

People can slag off this player, that player, any player they want. But let’s not duck the realisation that at this moment in the season we have very few injuries and have by an absolute country mile the best selection of players to choose from. Yet we look shit. The problem is not our team, squad or personal.

Peps levels have fallen off a cliff.

Gundogan has been a big positive this season. I thought he was the only one above average today. I'm losing faith in Rodri, who I had high hopes for. I think it's pep rather than the players at fault mostly right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.