West Brom (h) post-match thread

Tonight was absolutely indefensible, a truly awful performance and one which has summed up every single problem we have as a club.

Points dropped to another 1-shot-1-goal team. Suckerpunched for probably the 15th time now in the last couple of years.

It was obvious what WBA were going to do - sit back in numbers and defend. If we'd have got an early goal it would've been a different story but we just start - and finish - so slowly it rarely happens now. In fact, t's hard to tell what minute we're in watching the game as from minute 1 to 90 it's slow, predictable and dull.

It was clear the game was drifting from the 30th minute and I didn't know what Walker or Aguero - both 30+ year olds - were supposed to do in the last 15 minutes against a tightly packed defence that the others couldn't do. Bizarre.

We made them look like 10 Kompany's at the back. I cannot understand why we needed to play Rodri and Gundogan, Dias and Ake against them. It's just not needed and I've said it before but against the bus-parkers, we should tempt them out - take Rodri out (or Gundogan or Ake) and put Bernardo on and see if the extra space tempts them out. I've said a million times that playing more than one of Rodri, Gundogan and Fern is criminal as they kill our game. The number of backward and crab passes tonight would have made Ray Wilkins proud.

Cancelo doesn't fit into our system and needs to be moved on. He's not a patch on Walker and every time he plays, he proves this. He's not good enough for us. Mendy is useless and I don't see any point in playing him - if he's better than our under-21 left backs, fuck them off as well as they aren't good enough.

Pumping crosses in against their big lads was as pointless as trying to thread balls between their back 7 - impossible. I don't rate the lad but if Mahrez is going to play then he should be able to cause WBA problems simply because he game is about close control and dribbling. If he's not going to get a game against WBA there's no fuckin point playing him against the rest of the league.

I find it very, very hard to defend Pep tonight. I'm a massive fan of his but he's not learning anything from these games. This has been going on for too long now. He has sorted the defence out but he has one month - January - to get this side sorted. I've a horrific feeling the club is waiting for Messi to join. That's why the contract extension has been signed as he needs Messi to win the CL.

I'll say this again to finish, but we've got to look at some of our players who are either not good enough (Mendy, Mahrez, Cancelo, Zinchenko), not performing (Bernardo), ageing (Walker) or saleable (KdB, Sterling, Stones this week) and think about selling some to bring in big money to totally revamp this side. Honestly, for me there's no player who's unavailable - we need a war chest to bring in top, top players.

Looks like we have a bunch of wannabe managers on this forum and a bunch of folks who want a scapegoat. Mahrez, Mendy, Cancelo, Rodri, Gundo, Sterling are the usual ones, along with Pep, a man that has won us more trophies than anyone. If any of those chances that hit the goalies legs had gone in, the same people would be singing a different tune and Pep would be back to being the messiah. Just be constructive, stop whining and get behind your team. That’s what supporters are supposed to do.......support, or shut up.
So you was happy with tonight’s performance, we were just unlucky?

Gundogan
KDB Bernado

Has to be our midfield for next few weeks. Ok yes you need to rotate but rotate Foden in the KDB and Bernado positions and Rodri with Gundo.

Same approach as 2017-2019 with Bernado /Foden playing the Silva.

Get a bit of life back into this side.
We changed to that formation second half against Marseilles after another dismal first 45 and we scored 3 and looked much more at home.

Why call someone for having a different opinion than you fella . What’s your opinion of what’s harpooning at the minute then ? What’s your solution to it then ?

Slagging a player off who's scored shit tons of goals for us doesn't sit well with me.

Sick and tired of the same players getting hung out to dry every week.

What's KDB done lately? I'll answer "ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL" but it's okay it's Sterling or FFS Mahrez's fault. Kev has spent the last month crying and flapping his fucking hands about, he missed a penalty against Liverpool and didn't recieve anywhere near the shit Mahrez did.

Phil Foden? All I see is a little effort and him keeping the ball too long so he's tackled, but he's an academy boy he must start ahead of Steling and FFS who are our top 2 scorers by the way.

Each time i see Ake, i wonder what he brings to the team. He wins a lot of headers to be fair, but he is far too easily turned and frequently plays sideways, rather than taking on the responsibility of pushing forward.
Mendy is just pure pants and Walker is reaching the Otamendi stage of his career. Cancelo is less than convinving and then we have Laport, whom seems to have had a fallout with Pep.
Considering the above and how much we have spent, this is a shocking situation. We then have a sluggish / aging midfield, along with a mis-firing strikeforce. All-in-all, not good and will need a genius to sort it out!

Word toPep ,if you can’t see where the problems are get to a higher viewing level ,or better still get round to my house and my daughters will tell him.Too many touches before passing,TOTAL lack of movement by the forwards.Total lack of width,woeful shooting,Don,t these guys practice .For Fuc..sake Pep wake the bastards up.BackwArds sideways and repeat,because no one is moving.God that was pathetic.

Looks like the West Brom board have been on here tonight, they've read how shit we are and sacked Bilic for only getting a point!

Football is ludicrous.

Can’t get any enthusiasm for any games this season for us or any other teams. Football is in a malaise at the moment all due to COVID and a lack of fans in the ground. I think that’s now becoming apparent with the players. The longer it goes on the worse it will get. One minute some fans were there in some grounds then back to none. It is becoming a drag. Not one team is lighting up the game.

I have to confess.. after that shambles it is the first time ever I’ve lost a bit of faith in pep and the first time ever it’s crossed my mind that he can’t turn this around.

I hope I’m wrong. Time for him to prove to the world that he is one of the greatest coaches ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.