Everton (A) | Game Postponed

The one time we have to go to London and stay in a hotel during a Tier 4 lockdown our players get infected. What about all the other teams in London like Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Fulham, Crystal Palace. Are they not all at risk of outbreaks?

The Premier League is playing with the health and lives of the football players and if they think that a points deduction is on the table due to a team having an outbreak during the worst infection rate of the virus then they might as well postpone the league again

We will not be the last team to have an outbreak, more teams will struggle and more games will be postponed. It will eventually lead to a halt of the league.

I really feel for the players and their mental health mostly as some of them will be worried sick about passing anything to their kids and family members. At a time when they could have been isolating with their families, they had to go to a Tier 4 area and get subjected to the new strain of the Virus. So they are sacrificing their health and their families health for football and I salute them for that.

But sometimes situations are uncontrollable and this is one of them. There will be more postponements of games and the league again will end in August and this time its going to be worse with the current situation. Stay safe everyone

It’ll be the teams going to London that are at risk. The London based teams won’t be going to hotels in London.

There might need to be a rethink into playing football in tier 4+ areas.

Best move in the current climate to have the game postponed. I'd say our next one won't go ahead either.

Some of the media coverage of this is appalling.

If they're smart they'll postpone the season for a month. Players can't be staying in hotels the way they have been or this is what happens and will keep happening.

Miss Quote ... All that Everton fan is arsed about,is that he is glad the games been postponed so they can get there injured players back.
I think he/she was pointing out it isn't necessarily an advantage for City getting it called off, as both teams would be stronger.

It is as a lot of media types are saying City forced this to gain an advantage, but we will end up like Wigan in 1999, 4 x games in 8 days in April,

It's my understanding that in spite of the latest outbreak the premier league told us the game still had to go ahead. We then told them we feared for the health and safety of our players and officials, Everton's players and officials and everybody who would be involved in the game. The premier league, probably fearing being sued if they said it had to go ahead, reluctantly agreed to a postponement.
Is this your take on it Paulchapo or a some info from someone at the club..

The IQ of your average football fan is something to behold.

Can’t believe I used to listen to Talkshite up to around 2016. This feels like confession. Do I have to say any Lords Prayers or Hail Mary’s?

You have to stuff a hedgehog gutter brush up your arse to cleanse your sins then go buy some sand from Selco. It’s where the trade goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.