COVID Watch

As in normal regular life a crisis can sometimes bring out the worst in people (maybe it’s a true reflection of who they really are) and just like the toilet roll hoarders & criminals taking advantage of this pandemic, the likes of Neville will seek to gain from it in the football world. Football players get a bad press in this country, but they are being churned out for entertainment, forget about what they are being paid, they are being forced into travelling from tier 1-4 in some cases, and in our case straight into the path of a new strain, when Denmark burnt a 100 million mink we closed the door on em, in this country we just drop them into ground zero, I’m not advocating footballers get the vaccine before all those that need it more, but if I’m a player I’d be asking some serious questions of the football authorities

Neville is more concerned about us being kicked out of the League Cup rather than than the welfare of players and staff should tell you everything about him. Incredible that he part owns a League club.

Cretin of a man
Neville and fellow disbelievers should be invited to wherever City do the testing.
'Come in Gary. Feel free to talk to all the players. Touch anything you want. As you know there's no real infection here. Have a cuppa and a snack made in our kitchen where the cook didn't really have the virus' etc
If Neville and others did attend they would have more protective clothing than a bomb disposal man in Afghanistan.
Or find a load of excuses for his OWN safety.

As in normal regular life a crisis can sometimes bring out the worst in people (maybe it’s a true reflection of who they really are) and just like the toilet roll hoarders & criminals taking advantage of this pandemic, the likes of Neville will seek to gain from it in the football world. Football players get a bad press in this country, but they are being churned out for entertainment, forget about what they are being paid, they are being forced into travelling from tier 1-4 in some cases, and in our case straight into the path of a new strain, when Denmark burnt a 100 million mink we closed the door on em, in this country we just drop them into ground zero, I’m not advocating footballers get the vaccine before all those that need it more, but if I’m a player I’d be asking some serious questions of the football authorities
I presumed that was text prediction but after a quick Google I can only say 'Wow'.

I live in London and my brother is a nurse at east Surrey hospital and he was meant to meet me (out the front of my house) to exchange the Christmas presents for the kids this afternoon. Originally he was meant to come to ours Christmas Day but had to obviously cancel and spend the day on his own the poor sod (he’s divorced and kids live with the mum).

Anyway, he just called and said he can’t come as the hospital is totally overrun and he’s been summoned into work as they need him. Also every hospital worker has had their annual leave blocked until Feb.

He told me it’s dire. Poor fucker has had long Covid himself and was basically a mess for 6 months with overheating, brain fog, black outs the lot. He couldn’t even look after his kids when it was his care days.

They should not be playing football.

Last edited:
I live in London and my brother is a nurse at east Surrey hospital and he was meant to meet me (out the front of my house) to exchange the Christmas presents for the kids this afternoon. Originally he was meant to come to ours Christmas Day but had to obviously cancel and spend the day on his own the poor sod (he’s divorced and kids live with the mum).

Anyway he just called and said he can’t come as the hospital is totally overrun and he’s been summoned into work as they need him. Also every hospital worker has had their annual leave blocked until Feb.

He told me it’s dire. Poor fucker has had long Covid himself and was basically a mess for 6 months with overheating brain fog. Black outs the lot. He couldn’t even look after his kids when it was his care days.

They should not be playing football.
One of my nieces kids (11 years old) is getting transferred from the local hospital to Manchester Children's Hospital due to serious complications from a post Covid infection, nobody knew she'd had it in the first place. Anyone who thinks football is more important can go fuck themselves.

It won't sink in until a player is in a coma on a ventilator or even dies.

And can you imagine the shitstorm if an Everton player or Ancelotti had come down with it next week.

exactly. We’d have been crucified

the only time it will be considered correct to cancel games when players get covid, is when Dipperpool or rags get 5 cases & then the attitude in press will do 180 degree turn

Anyone criticising City over this needs to give their head a wobble.

We're in a global pandemic, lives are being lost and people are left with long term side effects. Anyone who still thinks City should have turned up with a depleted squad, clearly haven't considered that players or backroom staff may still have been contagious. If they're criticising us now, imagine the backlash had we passed it on to half the Everton squad.

The game had to be called off, it was the only sensible decisision. Had this been Everton, or if we face this with future opposition in an upcoming games it's still the right decision. Pathetic that people would use this to fuel their anti City bias but this is the world we live in. Fuck em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.