Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

Crazy , because of the ‘Top 20 players’ nominations coming in his name was mentioned a lot, roughly heard of him a little so i watched a YouTube video on him this week, some his best goals including the hat trick v Man U. Seemed a legend for you blues. RIP
He was. We looked on him in the same way you look on Bonds, or Moore, or Brooking.

I had the great pleasure of working with Colin for two seasons in the late 90’s when I worked in the city commercial department.
My Job on match days was to take Colin around the executive boxes to meet & greet.
On the first game he told me never to take him to a box that hadn’t specifically asked for him.
He just didn’t want to force himself on people.
He was that kind of bloke.
That first game he rolled up in a faded old Umbro managers coat.
I asked Geoff Durbin if he could supply some of the new Kappa gear & he sent me over to the Souvenir shop to pick up Colin’s clobber & I duly gave it to him.
Next game, Colin rolls up in the old Umbro coat so I of course asked him where his new gear was.
I gave it to our Jonathan he said, he loves it !
He was that kind of man.
What I will always remember about Colin was his tales when talking to People who did ask for him.
It was never a game against United or Liverpool or a cup final etc.
It was Bury away at Hartlepool or Darlington on a wet Tuesday night.
He was that kind of Man.
A very unassuming Man & an absolute hero to Me on & off the pitch.
We remained friends ever since & he always made a point of coming over to see Me & my guests on match days.
He was that kind of Man.
Never meet your Heroes they say.
Well I’m glad I did.
RIP Colin Bell.
A post from the opposite viewpoint if I may .
ive been lucky enough to go in the boxes on many occasions in the last few years , always with diehard blues who have been there forever. We never specifically asked for a player to come and visit us but the one player we would never have asked would be The King . Simply because we weren’t worthy of him .
I met him on a number of occasions and was always, always too starstruck to mumble more than a few words to him . He probably assumed, correctly, that I was a halfwit.
This speech loss didn’t and still doesn’t affect me with any other player, just The King.

Legend doesn’t eve n begin to describe this colossus of our club .
RIP King .

Buzzer was always my favourite though, if only because he looked like a bloody great laugh ;-)
The 3 of them were all different personalities though, and each one was a winner.
Just read the tributes from them both on the official site, Buzzer with his usual warmth, however, Lee it seems never let things go, more about Bell the player than the man, sad that!

Oh dear this is very sad news, I watched Colin Bell so many times at Maine Road he was always and still is Manchester City's best ever player, scored bags of goals with both feet and his head, just never stopped for 90 minutes.
Also a true gent.
RIP Nijinsky.

Wow. Just heard this. What a shock. Had a colonoscopy this morning. Feel that my guts have been ripped out twice, followed by my heart. In tears here thinking of his comeback against Newcastle. Was in the Kippax that day, looking straight down the tunnel when he appeared. Hair on the back of the neck time. RIP King.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.