Corruption in English football?

Martial has just run in between 2 city players and gone down in the box, why didn’t the corrupt ref not give the penalty ?
Refs aren't under anywhere near as much pressure from their PL paymasters to give favourable treatment to the 'favoured' teams in Cup games as they are in PL games.

Although there was obviously still a degree of leniency and bias regarding the incident you mention, given that Martial wasn't booked for one of the most blatant dives you're ever likely to see.

last line isn't true, i genuinely would like to see actual proof of corruption, i would love to be proved wrong.

Your minds are made up so there's little point debating, but i am very much open to seeing actual concrete proof of corruption - klopp quote and a few soft pens in United's favour isn't enough,
Here's a couple of examples for you.

When Adebayor played for us and scored v Arsenal, he was booked for his celebration in front of the Arsenal fans. The ref was Clattenburg. That game was on the Saturday & on Sunday morning the then head of the FA (an Arsenal fan called Ian Whatmore) unilaterally said that Adebayor would be retrospectively charged & punished. The charge happened on the Monday.

The problem was that he'd already apparently been booked for one of the two offences he'd been charged with, so that particular charge had no validity under FA rules, which say you can't be charged for an offence that the referee has seen and dealt with. The other charge was for a kick at van Persie, which the ref claimed he hadn't seen, even though he was about 2 yards away & looking right at it. But we'll ignore that one.

I was at a meeting at City on the Tuesday at which a senior club official was present. They were angry about the whole affair & said it was a total stitch up. Mark Hughes was told at the time that the booking was for actions that incited fans (or whatever the exact wording is). They were fine with that but then queried how the FA could bring a retrospective charge for the same offence and were told that the original yellow card had been for time-wasting (despite the fact Adebayor had got back in his own half quicker than Dzeko did after equalising against QPR).

It was quite clear to City that Clattenburg had been told to alter his report so the retrospective charge could be brought. @Bill & @East Level 2 were almost certainly at the same meeting so will confirm.

Here's another example. When Aguero got a retrospective 3-game ban for an alleged elbow, the referee was Andre Marriner. His original report said that he'd seen the incident and hadn't considered it a foul. He was told that Aguero was going to be charged so he had to say he hadn't seen it. He originally resisted but was then offered the League Cup final if he agreed to change his report, which he did. That information came from one of his fellow refs at PGMOL. Edit: One of those games was a Manchester derby.

Don't you think that's "corruption"? And ask yourself if PGMOL can do that, then what else can they do?

Last edited:

When Adebayor played for us and scored v Arsenal, he was booked for his celebration in front of the Arsenal fans. The ref was Clattenburg. That game was on the Saturday & on Sunday morning the then head of the FA (an Arsenal fan called Ian Whatmore) unilaterally said that Adebayor would be retrospectively charged & punished. The charge happened on the Monday.

The problem was that he'd already apparently been booked for one of the two offences he'd been charged with, so that particular charge had no validity under FA rules, which say you can't be charged for an offence that the referee has seen and dealt with. The other charge was for a kick at van Persie, which the ref claimed he hadn't seen, even though he was about 2 yards away & looking right at it. But we'll ignore that one.

I was at a meeting at City on the Tuesday at which a senior club official was present. They were angry about the whole affair & said it was a total stitch up. Mark Hughes was told at the time that the booking was for actions that incited fans (or whatever the exact wording is). They were fine with that but then queried how the FA could bring a retrospective charge for the same offence and were told that the original yellow card had been for time-wasting (despite the fact Adebayor had got back in his own half quicker than Dzeko did after equalising against QPR).

It was quite clear to City that Clattenburg had been told to alter his report so the retrospective charge could be brought. @Bill & @East Level 2 were almost certainly at the same meeting so will confirm.

Here's another example. When Aguero got a retrospective 3-game ban for an alleged elbow, the referee was Andre Marriner. His original report said that he'd seen the incident and hadn't considered it a foul. He was told that Aguero was going to be charged so he had to say he hadn't seen it. He originally resisted but was then offered the League Cup final if he agreed to change his report, which he did. That information came from one of his fellow refs at PGMOL. Edit: One of those games was a Manchester derby.

Don't you think that's "corruption"? And ask yourself if PGMOL can do that, then what else can they do?

You're wasting your time with the West Ham fan. He's clueless when it comes to VAR..

He won't answer you PB because it doesn't fit his narrative to do so..

He's got no idea what we've had to put up with regarding the diabolical decisions we have copped for courtesy of VAR since it's been implemented..

I read this particular thread with interest as VAR is the one thing we cannot control, no matter how well we play..

It is open to manipulation, it's none accountable, it's not constant or consistent and to be honest, anyone with half a brain and a modicum of understanding of how the LotG should be applied can see that it has unequivocally benefitted the rags and the dippers since its inception..

The West Ham fan will drone on about how the dippers have been done more times than anyone else regarding VAR and "why don't the rags get a penalty every game if it's bent"..?

(That line is a particular favourite of his)

Just to clarify, VAR has cost the dippers nothing, a few lost PL points can soon be made up.

I've yet to see them lose a CL KO game due to a poor VAR call for example..

That'll be them getting stiffed by VAR, that's when VAR costs your team and when it hurts you, never happened to them yet as far as I can remember..

Btw, I think we've lost 3 to date, bent twats..!

Onto the rags, they qualified for the CL courtesy of an abnormal amount of penalties given in their favour over the second half of last season.

I noticed BEIN Sports were discussing this recently so it's fair to say it's looking rather odd to say the least..

Funnily enough the penalty per game they suddenly started to enjoy came about just around about the time when finishing 5th in the PL wasn't going to be enough to qualify for the CL.

This co-insideded with 'ikkle ol' ciddy being cleared at the CAS on another croc of shit, jumped up set of bent charges that we had to face..

However, the backdrop to all this regarding the rags was that it staved off their shirt sponsor Adidas slashing their sponsorship payment, this along with the £10's of millions they pocketed for qualifying for the CL was an unbelievable cash boost for them..

All of this came at a time when their turnover, cashflow and debt were spiraling out of control too..

The jammy bastards eh.., the chances of that..?

However, even after all that help and assistance they could only manage 6 group games because, basically they are fkin crap..

No problem though as the monies they gained have already been safely banked..

Nothing to see here, move along now..!

In conclusion, why would a so called football supporter spend hours and hours on another team's forum, a team who btw have suffered more than most when it comes to crap VAR decisions, talking up VAR ?

Every City fan who's worth his salt knows we've been royally f'ked over by Stockley Park and in turn can see the leg ups given to the red shirts..

To me it can only be that he's seeking attention or he's a wum..

Either way, it's a bit sad really..!

You're wasting your time with the West Ham fan. He's clueless when it comes to VAR..

He won't answer you PB because it doesn't fit his narrative to do so..

He's got no idea what we've had to put up with regarding the diabolical decisions we have copped for courtesy of VAR since it's been implemented..

I read this particular thread with interest as VAR is the one thing we cannot control, no matter how well we play..

It is open to manipulation, it's none accountable, it's not constant or consistent and to be honest, anyone with half a brain and a modicum of understanding of how the LotG should be applied can see that it has unequivocally benefitted the rags and the dippers since its inception..

The West Ham fan will drone on about how the dippers have been done more times than anyone else regarding VAR and "why don't the rags get a penalty every game if it's bent"..?

(That line is a particular favourite of his)

Just to clarify, VAR has cost the dippers nothing, a few lost PL points can soon be made up.

I've yet to see them lose a CL KO game due to a poor VAR call for example..

That'll be them getting stiffed by VAR, that's when VAR costs your team and when it hurts you, never happened to them yet as far as I can remember..

Btw, I think we've lost 3 to date, bent twats..!

Onto the rags, they qualified for the CL courtesy of an abnormal amount of penalties given in their favour over the second half of last season.

I noticed BEIN Sports were discussing this recently so it's fair to say it's looking rather odd to say the least..

Funnily enough the penalty per game they suddenly started to enjoy came about just around about the time when finishing 5th in the PL wasn't going to be enough to qualify for the CL.

This co-insideded with 'ikkle ol' ciddy being cleared at the CAS on another croc of shit, jumped up set of bent charges that we had to face..

However, the backdrop to all this regarding the rags was that it staved off their shirt sponsor Adidas slashing their sponsorship payment, this along with the £10's of millions they pocketed for qualifying for the CL was an unbelievable cash boost for them..

All of this came at a time when their turnover, cashflow and debt were spiraling out of control too..

The jammy bastards eh.., the chances of that..?

However, even after all that help and assistance they could only manage 6 group games because, basically they are fkin crap..

No problem though as the monies they gained have already been safely banked..

Nothing to see here, move along now..!

In conclusion, why would a so called football supporter spend hours and hours on another team's forum, a team who btw have suffered more than most when it comes to crap VAR decisions, talking up VAR ?

Every City fan who's worth his salt knows we've been royally f'ked over by Stockley Park and in turn can see the leg ups given to the red shirts..

To me it can only be that he's seeking attention or he's a wum..

Either way, it's a bit sad really..!
Fantastic post and sums up the situation. It’s makes me fucking angry. Corrupt bastards.

Reactions: CC1

So, in twelve years, you’ve named 2 examples. Both of which have never been subject to closet inspector. We’re no different to any club, some shite decisions, some that go for us,

So, in twelve years, you’ve named 2 examples. Both of which have never been subject to closet inspector. We’re no different to any club, some shite decisions, some that go for us,
"Only 2 examples" of referees being asked to change match reports, to allow for retrospective bans?

First off, should there be any examples of this? No is the only right answer.

Secondly, why not give an example of any other big 6 club that can point to anything like that. Neither United or Liverpool have had any(I've been waiting ever since the Aguero one) and there have been opportunities. Fellaini numerous times, Mané grabbed someone's throat last season and connected with a forearm to someone's face this season. The chances of sky and co not being all over those incidents, if it were City players doing the same are zero... They would have made sure a ban was issued.

The motives you can argue about but not whether or not City have been treated differently. Personally I believe the broadcasters have become too powerful and we know who their favourites are. There was no media campaign and there will never be for those clubs because they control the narrative.

I'm not having this "It's the same at every club, you're just being biased" that's just ignorance.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.