Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio obviously needs to play a decent amount of games from here on til the end of the season, fitness and form need to be proven before any talk of a new contract, and this is coming from someone who had Sergio at number 3 in their most favourite 20 City players of all time thread that is currently running.

The club and Pep have always said Sergio himself can decide if and when when he wants to go. I’d imagine both parties would ideally want it to be when fans are allowed back in the ground

Sergio is now like an old warhorse. Battered and bruised after years of great service leading the line. He can still give a nasty kick but it’s unrealistic to expect him to keep coming back from injury and perform at the level we need.
Agreed, I think the club will have to make the tough decision to let the contract lapse. He has given us 10yrs service and I don't want to see him sticking around just to play in the Carabao next year. Sooner rather than later we are going to have to either roll with Jesus every week or we will have to buy someone, we can't keep putting it off.

If we're letting Aguero go, we need 2 strikers coming in. Or Delap getting consistent minutes.

He's had an awful time with injuries but he's still a World Class striker, just not in form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.