Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tuppence worth on Sam Lee is that I had the free trial with the Athletic and I didn’t enjoy the ‘angle’ he usually took. Positive in aspects but also with an underlying negative or snide angle in a way that the other members of the big 6 don’t receive.

Two weeks in and I knew I wouldn’t be splashing my hard earned for the ‘privilege’

His Twitter output (which I only see on here) reinforces my decision.

Regarding the article I think we all know the reaction had a red signing produced stats such as 1 goal conceded in 8 games with his new partner would have been treated by the media. It would have been like the second coming...

On that point (as a non religious person) still surprised to see a ‘professional’ blaspheming cos he can’t take a bit of push back on social media. And on a Sunday. What an absolute pap.

I asked the same question about the Bundesliga tweet. It was because they were playing behind closed doors, so he shoe horned an empty stadium jibe about City into his day.

And yes that tweet is real. He deleted it minutes after I retweeted it.

It was the first day back from coronavirus.

The fact he is deleting his tweets is quite interesting, maybe they will actually be an issue for him with his employer. From his twitter bio he sounds like he used to be a stat harvester for Opta, I have no idea why The Athletic thinks that makes him qualified to analyse football through statistics, it's like hiring a cattle farmer to cook your fillet steak.

On that point (as a non religious person) still surprised to see a ‘professional’ blaspheming cos he can’t take a bit of push back on social media. And on a Sunday. What an absolute pap.

If I was getting "push back" for an article I didn't even write, I'd be pissed off too.

The Athletic is no more than a glorified fanzine and as for Sam Lee he is a wolf in sheeps clothing, he knows he can’t fully alienate his targeted readership but between the lines there is always an under current of the usual City digs and he has fuck all insight into anything at the club and is always vague and hedging his bets, i wouldn’t trust the **** as far as i could throw him.

If I was getting "push back" for an article I didn't even write, I'd be pissed off too.
Is he not defending a colleague / his employer / and ultimately a shit point of view?

He has a history of having a pop at City supporters, he should be above reacting in that manner, or think about staying on social media....all in my humble opinion.

Ironic really that this furore is about Dias when this was Lee's article when we bought him.

A great article at the time - Lee talking to people who kwew him. had grown up with, his qualities etc

"And don’t forget Vincent Kompany, the man Dias is ultimately replacing. The 23-year-old may be closest to the Belgian’s profile, or indeed Otamendi’s, in that he came through the Benfica ranks as a defender first and foremost but has improved his passing to the extent that he could well be an all-weather option for City. In recent years they might have played Stones against a defensive opponent due to his passing ability and Otamendi against a more direct rival due to his strength in the air, but in Dias they may have found somebody who can do both.

But perhaps what stands out most when talking to those who know him are the more hidden qualities. Coaches still remember the team talks he gave to his colleagues before B team games. He was only a teenager then, but the desire and sheer intensity of his personality bubbled to the fore, to the extent that even watching the videos now elicits a shiver of appreciation........

"
In terms of technical qualities I think it’s very simple to describe him, he’s a stopper,” Tralhao says. “He’s a complete defender, he defends very well. Long balls, short balls, in the duels, his anticipation is very strong in terms of defensive qualities.

“And then, in terms of offensive qualities, I think he is growing up, he’s much better than he was three years ago. He is getting better and better to build up with these short passes to link the game, now he is at the top level, and I believe at City I think he will improve ......

Is he not defending a colleague / his employer / and ultimately a shit point of view?

He has a history of having a pop at City supporters, he should be above reacting in that manner, or think about staying on social media....all in my humble opinion.

Whats he meant to do when every needy twat on twitter tags him into a conversation and demands he explain someone else’s words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.