Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes.

Whenever Tony Evans is mentioned I'm reminded of him on the Times Football Podcast in December of 2015 laughing out loud at the prospect that Pep was headed to City. I do believe that his exact words were "why would he go there? he likes clubs with history".
However big a **** he seems to be from the outside, he's a far, far bigger **** in person.

From what I can gather, the specific criticism of Sam is that he handled the FFP/CAS story very badly (you can apply whatever adjective you want there). I've already said that I agree with that and that I think it extends to the Athletic as a whole.

However I'm yet to see any other actual concrete example of Sam writing something hostile or bad about the club. People seem to dislike his manner on Twitter, but then having seen the amount of abuse he takes from faceless accounts, I completely understand why he'll dismiss certain people or certain claims of bias.

That’s fair enough & you are right about the concerns about FFP which you agree with.

is he worse than Delaney, McKenna, Syed & all those, no, not a Fcking chance but they don’t pretend to be well informed, close to our club, in contact & understand our views. It hurt so much because he was so well thought of by us, he was trusted & then “my perception” was he started having snide digs.

Then the zoom chat - wtf was that about?
I suspected it was on orders from the athletic, if that’s the case then you make your bed then lie in it.

This place might mock James Pearce et al, but it's pretty clear from the absolute vitriol every single journalist in the country gets on here that actually, a sycophant who never entertains a bad word about the club is exactly what they want.

There is literally not a single journalist in the sport that has not been attacked in this thread or its predecessors for being biased against us or having some unnamed ulterior motive. Maybe Martin Samuel because he only comments once a year and is anti FFP.
Not at all mate, I want a journalist to be fair and reasoned across the board (in effect, whilst being knowledgeable they should be colour blind to the particular teams in question).

If City are doing something good, write about it and say so (not in that usual snide 'well done for doing this, but so they should do because they have spent X, Y and Z'.

If City are making a complete arse of something, then call it out as it is and report it.

This should be equal across the board regardless of the club involved - we know this is not the case;

Positive story about United, Liverpool and Arsenal + negative story about City = multiple clicks and news outlets live to fight another day.........

Not at all mate, I want a journalist to be fair and reasoned across the board (in effect, whilst being knowledgeable they should be colour blind to the particular teams in question).

If City are doing something good, write about it and say so (not in that usual snide 'well done for doing this, but so they should do because they have spent X, Y and Z'.

If City are making a complete arse of something, then call it out as it is and report it.

This should be equal across the board regardless of the club involved - we know this is not the case;

Positive story about United, Liverpool and Arsenal + negative story about City = multiple clicks and news outlets live to fight another day.........
Fairness and credit where its due should be their aim and would certainly do for me.
Anything else is just advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.