Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. Think and hope we will all feel a bit more positive at the end of Jan if it is approaching maybe ten million and we are seeing a significant fall in cases and hopefully deaths too by then. Have to be honest it’s getting me seriously down now.

Stay focused pal. You've kept many heads up in this thread and constantly been posting positively about things. We are already nearly Mid January mate, the time since NYE again and we will be at the end of Jan almost hovering around 10 million. Also factor in the millions that have already had it. Just think of it this way. 7 weeks till the end of Feb and we'll be knocking on the door of 20 million with another 6 or 7 million already having had it.

Keep safe. Keep doing what you're doing. We're doing okay. Not amazingly or fantastically but okay, and looking round Europe and further a field I'll take that.

Had to go and get my first covid test today. A small room with about 7 or 8 people queuing a couple of meters apart. Spluttering and coughing etc.

I felt more at risk in there than anywhere else I've been for 11 months!

Stay focused pal. You've kept many heads up in this thread and constantly been posting positively about things. We are already nearly Mid January mate, the time since NYE again and we will be at the end of Jan almost hovering around 10 million. Also factor in the millions that have already had it. Just think of it this way. 7 weeks till the end of Feb and we'll be knocking on the door of 20 million with another 6 or 7 million already having had it.

Keep safe. Keep doing what you're doing. We're doing okay. Not amazingly or fantastically but okay, and looking round Europe and further a field I'll take that.

cheers mate I appreciate that. Coped pretty well but just have a fear that something could happen to my old man and i won’t enjoy my last years with him! Your words are bang on though. I tell you what I will appreciate life when we get back to normal.

Think I’m probably day 3/4 symptoms wise (just thought I had a cold at the weekend).
Definitely not just a cold so either heavy cold AND flu or it is indeed Covid.
Hope you recuperate soon mate - you’re a runner right? I was planning a bleeding half marathon cobweb blaster this week ffs...
I woke up this morning with a banging head and its been throbbing all day.

Even my cheek bones and ears are hurting!

Other than that I feel absolutely fine. Had my test this morning. Gulp! Fingers crossed I've just got a bit of a head cold.

cheers mate I appreciate that. Coped pretty well but just have a fear that something could happen to my old man and i won’t enjoy my last years with him! Your words are bang on though. I tell you what I will appreciate life when we get back to normal.

Is their any indication when he might be eligible for the vaccine? Mine is in his 70s and is looking like 2nd week of Feb. Its one of those things where we have to put our faith in the process and hope beyond hope they will be okay.

I'm with you on that. As soon as I can I'm hiking and climbing every mountain these Isles have to offer then start on Europe. Life is far too short to work yourself into the ground. Make a list of all the things you are going to do when the situation allows for it. Just try and find little positives to get you out of this funk you're in or it'll swallow you up pal

GM Weekly Pop Scores over past 7 days

Number is cases per 100,000 population. Lower the better. Going down is good. Going up bad as means rising cases per expected in past week. The more up the worse. The more down or lower up the better.

The table starts with the 'best' - as in lowest Weekly Pop. Lower numbers are best.

BOROUGH // POP TODAY // POP 7 DAYS AGO // Up/Down in 7 days BY

TAMESIDE 400 // 288 // Up 112

BOLTON 401 // 296 // Up 105

OLDHAM 405 // 291 // Up 114

STOCKPORT 434 // 375 // Up 59

ROCHDALE 451 // 302 // Up 149

SALFORD 484 // 321 // Up 163

WIGAN 493 // 405 // Up 88

TRAFFORD 499 // 405 // Up 94

BURY 503 // 357 // Up 146

MANCHESTER 514 // 331 // Up 183

As you can see Manchester and Salford had the worst weeks rising a lot in the 7 days. Stockport surprisingly had the best week as its pop scores have been modest and not gone up by big numbers any day. Others have had at least one huge day where many tested positive. And for some small boroughs just a few extra cases can up the score a lot. Whereas you need rather big numbers to up the more populated boroughs by as much.

This is why the government use the Pop Score as a measure of which places are in the most trouble.

GM is increasing as these show but nothing like as much as Merseyside has been doing.

Which is why for now the GM contribution to the NW total each day is below 30% rather than over 50% as it was in October when Merseyside was low and GM high.

The reverse is true now.

I just went to Tesco and hardly anyone was distancing at the checkouts. The woman behind me was getting close and I almost told her to fuck off out of my way but what’s the point. Loads without masks or masks pulled down
It is strange how experiences differ - where I live the situation feels like the opposite.

I shop mainly in Morrisons - but it is the same in all the other supermarkets - and I cannot recall seeing someone without a mask for ages and people all step back and out of the way to avoid crowding.

Here it seems to have become the natural way to do things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.