Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
They were tidy, and probably bossed the possession in the last 20. Happy to take the one nil, and on we go after a nervy night.
Hats off to Phil, the right-footed wizard ;-)

Seemingly of the last 5 penalties missed ie put wide of the goals we have missed 3 of them.
Sterling De Bruyne and Mahrez against Liverpool.

That stat says it all.

If Sterling has more than a nanosecond to think what he needs to do in any given situation, he will cock it up.

He is only good in situations when he does everything instinctively.

His technique for striking or passing the ball is dreadful and gets worse when he actually has time to think about what he has to do

Possibly the worst striker of a football on the team, just keep Kev on penalties, it wasn’t as if we were four up and then you can mess about.
Agreed... however why are we paying the “worst striker “ of a football , let alone playing him. I ask the question what exactly is he if he can’t strike a ball

If Sterling has more than a nanosecond to think what he needs to do in any given situation, he will cock it up.

He is only good in situations when he does everything instinctively.

His technique for striking or passing the ball is dreadful and gets worse when he actually has time to think about what he has to do
Which is why he’s so much better on the right. He needs to think too much on the left

If it is true that De Bruyne didn't want to take it there are at least two other players, Gundo and Jesus, who he could have given it to before Sterling. Shit I reckon Rodri would do a better job of it.
Unless you have an 'out and out' penalty taker (Yaya, Kane etc) I'm quite a fan of having several different ones so that penalties don't become predictable for the keeper or pressured for the taker. Obviously, hitting the target and not the stand plays quite a big part in achieving a decent conversion rate!

For what it's worth Sterling did score the winning penalty in the League Cup final so it's not like he can't take them. 3/5 record in his career in normal play.

I probably trust him over Jesus & Bernardo.

Nope. I will always defend Raz but that is one thing he is really poor on. As someone else pointed out, and as we have seen time and time again, the more time he has to think about something, the higher is the likelihood of him cocking it up. And a penalty is something that you have to have time to think about — you have no choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.