Brighton (h) post-match thread

Fantastic result, I thought Brighton were very organised and did exceptionally well.

On another night, Kev slips the ball under the keeper in the first half, Mahrez burys his chance in the bottom corner, Bernies effort goes in off the underside of the bar and Sterling scores the penalty.

Could have easily been 5:0.

The big positive for me is that for the first time since Mancini I feel scoring one goal will be enough, the defence looks solid.

Don't underestimate how good this win was tonight.

Zinchenko struggled at LB maybe its lack of games? Diaz saved his ass a few times in the 2nd half.

I know he splits opinion and a lot won’t agree but 4 years after his debut, I still remain unconvinced by Jesus.

He just isn't at that very top level you need if you are going to be the best team in the world. He is Paul Dickov with a touch more skill and finishing ability. Every striker misses chances including Sergio but he scores more than he misses, Jesus misses more than he scores.

I know he splits opinion and a lot won’t agree but 4 years after his debut, I still remain unconvinced by Jesus.
Jesus definitely looked as if he was still suffering from covid after effects. He’s usually running everywhere but looked considerably off the pace
No idea what was up with him, but he's a far better than what he showed tonight, but I've equally no idea why Pep made him play that role tonight, which he eventually realised wasn't working and took off our best player to achieve it.

I said in the MoTM thread, that I thought tonight was one of Pep's brain fart evenings, he doesn't have many but he had one tonight.

Reactions: CC1
Winning ugly is a sign of Champions.

3 points.

No idea why Sterling was taking that Penalty. He can not slot a Ball in to an empty Net from 3 yards out if he has to think about it first. And that is a fact. Was shocked to see him given the Ball.
At least sterling hit the ball, he usually misses that as well :/

Positives: Foden, Bernardo are excellent and seems like Bernardo is getting to his true self which is great for us. He can carry the attack when KDB is not on his best. Just need Ferran, Aguero to come back and put the ball in the net for us..

His nutmeg on the penalty spot before trying to put it in the top bin was sublime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.