Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but the performance of local doctor surgeries during this pandemic is probably the worst performaning thing of all.
Their performance has caused a schism in the medical profession. Local doctors surgeries have been more bothered about keeping people out of their surgeries than actually doing things to help. Hospital doctors are really annoyed with them to be honnest. Really annoyed.
They can't even be bothered setting up ill patient oxygenation checking without demanding a ludicrous amount of cash.

Absolutely spot in. It still amazes me how easy it is for people to travel throughout the world. Complaining about the financial cost of shutting all borders is crazy when we see the damage this thing is doing and how it's dragging out. Should have been done last January, and if not then definitely by March. Can't believe so much free travel is still allowed 10 months down the line.
If this ever happens again, as in when there’s a new virus/disease outbreak elsewhere in the world, if our borders aren’t shut immediately then it’s a total disgrace.

Over 300k vaccinated in UK yesterday

Looking good for that mid feb target

It's being widely reported that the government are aiming for 500k a day plus next week. The vaccination roll out is a success story at last.

Edit: I've just read a bizarre article in the Guardian which reports that the Lower Saxony region of Germany (where cases are extremely high) has decided that due to privacy laws they can't look at people's medical records in order to write to over 80s to invite them for a jab. Instead they are using partial postal records and guessing based on peoples first names.

WTAF???

Last edited:
Maybe, but the performance of local doctor surgeries during this pandemic is probably the worst performaning thing of all.
Their performance has caused a schism in the medical profession. Local doctors surgeries have been more bothered about keeping people out of their surgeries than actually doing things to help. Hospital doctors are really annoyed with them to be honnest. Really annoyed.
They can't even be bothered setting up ill patient oxygenation checking without demanding a ludicrous amount of cash.

I directly hold some GP's responsible for a close family friends death. He was going through Chemo for the majority of last year then a few months after stopping Chemo for the break while they decided a next move he got COPD driven Sepsis and died. for over a week as he progressively got worse they tried for a Dr appointment and failed to get one. The Dr tried to get a district nurse out and they didn't show, only found out they rejected the request next time they tried to get a Dr appointment.

the Dr's clearly fobbed it all of as a side effect of Chemo. send him morphine tablets and the like.

eventually they decided to call an ambulance, was taken in and died a week later. the Hospital Dr's were disgusted with the GP. if they had seen him that week he'd have got antibiotics that would have saved his life.

All of his hospital treatment was spot on throughout the whole year. just to be let down at the end by a GP.

If this ever happens again, as in when there’s a new virus/disease outbreak elsewhere in the world, if our borders aren’t shut immediately then it’s a total disgrace.

It was total insanity bordering on criminal negligence what we did here. We actually as good as did nothing and we had advance warning what was happening as we watched it rampage through Europe. In spite of this we were letting people from all the infected countries pour in and go on their merry way unchecked. Unbelievable.

It was total insanity bordering on criminal negligence what we did here. We actually as good as did nothing and we had advance warning what was happening as we watched it rampage through Europe. In spite of this we were letting people from all the infected countries pour in and go on their merry way unchecked. Unbelievable.
I think it was here before China even announced it but we let the r rate go through the roof by allowing people in still, after it was announced.

Utter madness.

All I can tell you is that at my local surgery, during 4 years leading up to this, I had to change practitioner three time. Two partners retired (one at fourty sth) and a very talented up and comer decided to become a stay at home dad. He rated it as the best surgery going. If they can't keep talent, the profession has a problem. The job is insane. They've been dumped on again and again and told to shut up about it, or do sth else.

Suprise suprise, when put to them like that, many highly intelligent and rounded people have decided to do something else.

The Japanese strain is the Brazilian Strain.
Just viruses doing what viruses do. Mutate.
The new mRNA and Vector virus technologies can be retargetted in a couple of months. A huge advance in medical technology.
I read somewhere that the virus mutates roughly every 60 infections. Most mutations are very minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.