UK ‘Special Forces’

My best mates Dad, when we were kids/teens was always 'working away on the rigs'. He retired very young and to a gated community but never thought much of it until a few years back when my mate got Married. I was at his house and was looking at his own wedding pictures and noticed a few pictures of him in his 1s and 2s with Excalibur's sword badge etc ... I asked him and he just said yes he was, he spent most of his time in Ireland and no he wouldn't tell me any stories as he didn't like talking about it whatsoever and that was it really!

A guy I joined the police with in 88 had just come out of the SAS
Very fit and slim about 5 foot 8 .He was very quiet wouldn’t speak about it other than to confirm he was ex SAS
Nice guy the fact that he was so quiet unnerved you more

I know another one but this one is funny.

So growing up there was this lad my age who everyone on the estate fuckin hated. The lad always use to brag that his dad was a Mi5 agent and if we did anything he'd get his dad to batter us.

Months later my mum takes me and my brother to toys r us to buy us a N64 game. As we're in there looking we see that lads dad who supposedly is special force's...

Turns out he was a bloody Toys R us security guard.

Was more excited to tell my mates than I was of playing my new n64 game.

I actually knew someone who qualified as an interrogator. He did a couple of stints on SF SERE and Aircrew training, but he binned it as he wasn't particularly comfortable inflicting pain and suffering on other human beings, even if it was 'pretend'.
What is SERE? I suppose RAF aircrew have to do survival and other training in case they are brought down. I remember the two guys who got beaten and tortured by the Iraqis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.