Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of that story, Boris has been weaned off going on about Vaccines because Sage need people to understand how bad things are to keep adherance high. And yet, here we are. But, it's just selling papers. They were floating February end of lockdown a week ago.

I really hope they finish the vulnerable with two jabs before doing the rest of the population. I strongly imagine this is what will happen. It's the only reasonable use of the resources.

We'd be much better off organising to do other people with an August/Sept/Oct time-frame in mind. That's likely the only way we can avoid more restrictions next winter.

I notice the Mail have bundled it in with two other 'positive' stories that have nothing to do with it. Madcap stuff, even that bundle of 'news' doesn't amount to enough to keep a lame showbiz remarriage gossip story off the top. Classic find something positive for our lot stuff, and presumably a bit of a response to the dire polling numbers earlier. Sorry.

FWIW, The Telegraph went nuts at your man last year, leading the editors and publishers to the decision to reboot and give him support. It's pretty obvious stuff, the columnists can't keep their fringe out of their eyes for five straight minutes before Boris-optimism fades and they find themselves picking fault. For background info, it was rumoured they were thinking of repositioning as the English Press equivalent of Fox, or even Breitbart, in search of a new owner. Going straight for the hard core support. Then COVID happened, and the journalism kinda got in the way. Mind you, if you think their change in tune was noticeable, you ought to read back the last 12 months of The Spectator. Wow.

It seems a bit worrying that a 95 year old only got it today, my dad at 82 has had both does, and mum at 79 has had her first, so why has a 95 year old only just got it ?

The "deployment" seems almost completely random.
Depends on a lot of things I guess. Availability and demographic of age at the practice.

My MIL is 90. She got it last week. We asked her if she had a phone call about it and she said someone phoned her told her it would be done and even where. She said they didn't give a date though. I think they did and she forgot. Waste of a phone call otherwise just to say you'll be having it! When they get down the age ranges they should be able to use technology more to schedule them and be more efficient. Ive already had a text asking me if I want it and to reply Yes or No! I'm off to check why my phone bill is £200 this month. :)

I probably over emphasise issues with Stockport because I have family there and by chance happen to know Elise Wilson a little - head of the council. Though I doubt very much she reads this thread or would recognise it as me even if she did. And I will certainly not be telling her! She has a tough enough job as it is.

So we will see how things go as day to day numbers can fluctuate and I am only really curious to see if its previous low numbers and Oldham's terrible ones explain why Oldham is now top of the tree in GM and Stockport at the other extreme as if the different levels of infection over the months shown by the Pop Score are a guide to who still has more able to be infected as they might still be susceptible versus somewhere that has less.

It may be that Stockport with the best Pop score (for now anyway!) at minimum 5.3% who have had it (as they tested positive) versus Oldham with the worst at a maximum 7.9% who have had it from its Pop score might be a factor.

If the virus has already got to the easy targets by now then those differences might be why this new strain can get to more in one place than another as it just has more targets left.

In truth those base levels will have to factor up a few times for all those who had it and were never tested so it might be say Oldham has a 30% + level towards immunity and Stockport more like 15% and with the vaccinations adding to the numbers now not easily able to be infected these modest differences might dictate the flow of cases at this point in time.

Its only a theory. A guess more correctly.
Stockport bordered many areas where you could step easily into an area where haircuts pubs restaurants were all open, many did, literally living next door to an area that was technically open must of caused some spread.

Thousands of people are dying that’s why the Government put the country into lockdown, we all know students are a bunch of assholes who just want to piss it up and party why should Tax payers have too play by the rules but Tax Dodging Students think they can do what they like
This post is bizarre, should be deleted as it’s clearly inflammatory. Also written by an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.