Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to keep the dippers relevant now, Her Highness Silly Sally doing a piece with Sir Jordan Henderson.

Are they raising awareness of the goal famine that is gripping Anfield? Maybe Sir Marcus of Rashford should lobby the government about it.

In the back end of the 80s when we were in the old division 2 you wouldn’t hear a mention of City, only on final score on Grandstand. We would get the evening news delivered and that was the only place you would hear about City, Kick Off on Friday nights would be the only time you would see any coverage of City. I do remember it was quite an event when we finally got picked for a live Sunday game on ITV and we got out arses handed to us 2-0 off Aston Villa. We got them back in the return fixture with Reidy though, what a day that was.

Imagine what it was like in Edinburgh!! The only occasional mention was when a Scottish player did something good ..or bad.

Wow, spit the dog is such an aggressive, nasty little man. He's absolutely determined to catch Neville s eye after the second goal but he won't give him the satisfaction.

Is it me or does spit look to have a healthy pallor at the start of the video but towards the end he looks like he's got seriously high blood pressure?
How Carragher still has a job after spitting on a young girl is beyond me, his defence that he was aiming for her father hardly helps.
As for Wio he was held in such respect at OT that the Stretford End booed him and chanted ," Chelsea rent boy," how employing these two charmers as pundits helps the image of TV sport I don't know.

Are they raising awareness of the goal famine that is gripping Anfield? Maybe Sir Marcus of Rashford should lobby the government about it.
He will retweet it if some one else puts it on social media as in the same way he done in the past. Boris will dither and get the Chancellor to allocate funds to 'Merseyside' to buy back Brewster

The Paul Tierney blowing up early for half time incident.Can you imagine the fall out if that had been against ANY other team ..Hardly gets a mention .
Total and utter hypocrits

Might be better if commentators got all their usual stat's out of the way before the game starts -
Aguero hasn't scored since 1066.
City's defence cost the same as the entire GDP of Burundi.
City have made their worst start to a sesaon since 1899.
The goals have dried up.
Now, can we get on with the game please?
I've never seen anyone 'channel' Martin Tyler so accurately before - bravo............

Disgusting

The headline on the back page of the daily mail shows Arsenal celebrating the first goal last night & bleats out about no hugging.

WHAT ?

A TV recording actually shows 8 of them hugging kissing & jumping on shoulders immediately before this foto.

This is lying & manipulation big style. It makes you think what do they do for the rags & dippers ?

Not only that but when we’re playing European teams the commentary feels like we’re the foreign side. Any other English club and the commentators become little Englanders for 90 minutes.

it often feels that way to me anyway, bit I’m very biased towards City so perhaps I’m just over critical and sensitive. I never watch rags or scousers so don’t know what their commentary is like, I just assume it reflects the written media sycophancy.
What your saying is absolutely correct. It really pisses me off that they actually do that to us and no other English team.

In the back end of the 80s when we were in the old division 2 you wouldn’t hear a mention of City, only on final score on Grandstand. We would get the evening news delivered and that was the only place you would hear about City, Kick Off on Friday nights would be the only time you would see any coverage of City. I do remember it was quite an event when we finally got picked for a live Sunday game on ITV and we got out arses handed to us 2-0 off Aston Villa. We got them back in the return fixture with Reidy though, what a day that was.
Remember when we sunk down to the old third division we actually got more tv coverage then we had in the premier now that could be that the media knew we had great support and that us fans would tune in or i suspect it was because they thought we might end up in the fourth division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.