Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or KDB will hate it and eventually move on. KDB is the best player in the premier league. Bringing Messi in will cause an eventual rift especially that KDB is more of a team player than Messi is. Messi will get all the attention and the whole game will revolve around him.

Barca is made of Messi and 10 other players. City is made of 11 players who can all score and play and work as one unit. So Messi will not work for us and will be more of a headache. I would rather spend that money on Haaland and a DM and a new LB
What if Messi comes and doesn’t want to be a big time Charlie and just gets his head down happy playing with great players and a manager he loves to play for. We might even get haaland aswell who knows

Yeah nothing to do with him being the favourite currently, nothing at all.

Plus the chest pounding can only help.
Interesting what Laporta says. Seeing as the election has been put back to March they aren't going to have either in the immediate future. So presumably they don't want Messi to stay. Or, at least, they're reconciled to him leaving?

Interesting what Laporta says. Seeing as the election has been put back to March they aren't going to have either in the immediate future. So presumably they don't want Messi to stay. Or, at least, they're reconciled to him leaving?

Strategy of delaying the election is two-fold, one to weaken Laporta's chances since he has been riding great momentum and the other is to allow Bartomeu's cronies to continue to cook the books during this period without a board - all political. Messi's situation may end up being a casualty of it

If pep said to the players would you want Messi in our side you reckon they’ll say nahh we are fine.
I can imagine Joao Cancelo piping up and saying, "Listen gaffer, the last thing we need is a repeat of the Rodney Marsh situation, because even though most other times in history a top player going to a top club improves them, that one scenario is enough to scar any possibility of ever signing a world class player again. The scars of 1972 still hurt me."

3 things Messi gives you

1, Commercial value alot of money will come in, from just having him in our Kit, Kids will buy the City top just to have a Messi top and alot of people will be buying tickets just to see Messi play.

2, This hasnt been talked about but its the fear factor he brings you look at a team sheet, as an opposition manager and you see Messi. right out the gate thats the manager going to his players mark him maybe even 3 players on him. In our team 3 players on Messi leaves the space for KDB to create with free space.

3, Look at our front 3 your telling me you wouldnt want messi instead of Mahrez? Mahrez is a good player but hes not Messi. or any of our front three no matter how good they are Jesus and Sterling are not Messi. At Barca there are not many creative midfielders so Messi has to create at City youve got KDB and recently Gundogan as well hed score so many in our team.

3 things Messi gives you

1, Commercial value alot of money will come in, from just having him in our Kit, Kids will buy the City top just to have a Messi top and alot of people will be buying tickets just to see Messi play.

2, This hasnt been talked about but its the fear factor he brings you look at a team sheet, as an opposition manager and you see Messi. right out the gate thats the manager going to his players mark him maybe even 3 players on him. In our team 3 players on Messi leaves the space for KDB to create with free space.

3, Look at our front 3 your telling me you wouldnt want messi instead of Mahrez? Mahrez is a good player but hes not Messi. or any of our front three no matter how good they are Jesus and Sterling are not Messi. At Barca there are not many creative midfielders so Messi has to create at City youve got KDB and recently Gundogan as well hed score so many in our team.
Plus, imagine Messi learning from Foden! ;-)

I can imagine Joao Cancelo piping up and saying, "Listen gaffer, the last thing we need is a repeat of the Rodney Marsh situation, because even though most other times in history a top player going to a top club improves them, that one scenario is enough to scar any possibility of ever signing a world class player again. The scars of 1972 still hurt me."

Funny bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.