Villa (H) Post Match Thread

The offside rule is absolute wank and Rodri should have been offside. IMO, the moment an offside player goes towards the ball he is interfering with play. I remember Dinho giving a penalty away in the CL for pulling back a player who was offside. Yet because the player didn’t touch the ball, the foul counted.

That said, the issue here is the offside law and not the decision.

It’s funny though how the pundits only seem to have a huge issue when these decisions go in our favour. I don’t recall McManaman disputing the penalty that Liverpool got in the CL final because the ball wasn’t on target.
Is he supposed to stand still until the Villa player is offside, players are allowed to run back from offside positions but then if the ball is deliberately played by the opposition which Mings did, the next phase of play commences, it's not a new rule, just common sense.

Wish we could just bring in a loan striker until end of the season as I still think we will struggle for goals to win the title .just look at Cavani at Utd who has been a revelation.

Anyone remember when Liverpool I think it was scored from a scuffed clearance from Gundogan, they said that reset the phase of play. None of these biased gits on BT gave a shit about the conversation then, they were too happy to think too much on it.

Such poor commentary from BT Sport all round tonight. McPointy shouted "awwwww". Just as KDB played Cancelo in before he hit the bar. It's quite disgraceful how they are all blatantly praying for City to drop points.

It's totally the opposite when Liverpool and United play. For example, the stat they gave at half time about City loosing points in the last 4 games when they went in at half time 0-0. Have you noticed they look for the complete opposite kind of omens for the media darlings? Everything positive, willing them on.
I noticed how much quieter McPointy went after we scored and how much less glee there was in the few comments he made until the end of the game. Utter biased bell-end of a pundit who claimed it couldn't be a penalty because Jesus' header was going wide !

Same with Rio Ferdinand. If he doesn't understand the rules of a sport how can he comment on it? He might as well commentate on ice skating or gymnastics.
The worst of it was Walton came back and spent about 90 seconds explaining in detail why he was initially wrong & why under the rules it was a perfectly good goal. Camel Gob then said that in his opinion it shouldn't have stood!

Enjoyed that tonight, would have enjoyed it even more if one of our players had smashed that greasy twat Grealish though, snide little fucker. God knows what the score would have been if either side could finish, probably about 6 or 7 - 2 for City.

so bt are paying wages to a ex ref , who doesnt know the fucking RULES.

No, he said that during the match he thought Mings hadn't deliberately played the ball.

After the match he read the PL statement and from the replay said he could now see that it was deliberate.

He knows the rules, his snap judgement from a TV screen was wrong.

If it was dodgy Villa might realise they are small.fish in a big pond at the moment. Sky and the premier league want us, rags, dippers and Spurs in a nail biter right until the end of the season, good for the brand.

The worst of it was Walton came back and spent about 90 seconds explaining in detail why he was initially wrong & why under the rules it was a perfectly good goal. Camel Gob then said that in his opinion it shouldn't have stood!

I enjoyed that. I particularly liked his statement to the effect that as the players didn't the rules, the goal shouldn't stand. That must make his brain cell hurt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.