Title Race 2020/21

I think the fact people are mentioning Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester, United says it all - there is only one team in it - City. The rest are fighting for 2nd place.

Easy up. This title isn’t won yet, we’ve gone a long way to go. Our defence is solid but we still haven’t got someone reliable up top who can finish chances. The next three games are going to be vital as we could afford to drop points in a couple of games next month.

We’re in a fantastic position for the league, the league cup, still in the FA cup and have a “favourable” draw in the CL.

But there’s a long way to go and plenty of twists and turns yet.

Getting aguero fit, I believe, will make or break our season.

Easy up. This title isn’t won yet, we’ve gone a long way to go. Our defence is solid but we still haven’t got someone reliable up top who can finish chances. The next three games are going to be vital as we could afford to drop points in a couple of games next month.

This, I think it’s between us and the rags. Leicester are still there but you have to question their collapse in qualifying for the champions league to see if they can stay pace. What is going to be the response from the rest of our team without De Bruyne for the next 4-6 weeks? We have got creative players like Foden, Gundogan and Bernardo starting to click into form. I hope Sterling can find his scoring boots and deliver a season like he did last year and we can get Aguero back into the fold at some point as he could be lethal grabbing goals in the final stages of the season.

I feel for Sergio, we desperately need him back, but my worry is how long will it be before he's injured again, hes very susceptible to injury now hes getting older

After February we have a clearer picture, I still think there will be 4 teams come the middle of April, Covid is going to still play a part in this, 81 points will win it. I just think if someone can pull 10 points clear by March, hopefully City then it will be too much to claw back. We definitley need Aguero back just to ease the pressure on the rest of the team, get some early goals and the team can relax.

I think 81 points might be too low.

If we win our next game, then both us and United repeat that in the second half of the season it would be 82, and United on 80.

But both teams had poor starts to the season, so that involves us both dropping off in form quite a lot. I don't imagine us keeping up the winning streak, or United their unbeaten streak, but I can easily see at least one of us hitting mid 80s.

Agreed, but taking all that into account who is in anywhere near a stronger position? The rags? 6-1 at the bookies, whilst we are 1-2 on, that in itself says a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.