Buying a car during lockdown

Just finished tickling this photo back to life only an hour a go. It's still wet so be careful.
Our Ford Anglia circa 63 with a Rochdale DK plate modeled to perfection by me and our kid.

i5vHKCD.jpg

Just look at them gas lit caravans : )
We had one, in pale green and cream. Living the dream.

I am as full as an onion at the moment but I do remember the dacia deal is on Parkers and I bookmarked it
A second hand corsa 1400 is available for £130 mark.. Cheaper than a bus pass for one person and if there are two of you then you've sum the channel and covered in seaweed

PCP: Dacia Sandero

Best new car for £100 a month for: value

2020 Dacia Sandero

The Sandero is officially the cheapest new car in the UK, with a modest starting price of £7,995.

For £100 per month you can afford an Essential model. These have DAB radios, remote central locking, and front electric windows.

The Sandero is priced similarly to a city car like the Kia Picanto, but size wise, it's actually closer to a larger supermini like the Ford Fiesta.**

Dacia Sandero PCP deal

• Monthly cost: £99 (48 payments)
  • Deposit: £1,038 (including £250 manufacturer deposit contribution)
  • Total amount payable by customer to buy car: £9,386
  • Cash price: £7,995
  • Mileage allowance: 6,000 miles per year

Thanks a lot pal. Some cracking deals out there, sticking point for me is the mileage allowance though on PCH/PCP. I do about 15k a year, mainly work related. Thinking I may be better trying to take a low interest loan out and buying a 3-4 year old one outright.

Thanks a lot pal. Some cracking deals out there, sticking point for me is the mileage allowance though on PCH/PCP. I do about 15k a year, mainly work related. Thinking I may be better trying to take a low interest loan out and buying a 3-4 year old one outright.
Obviously the price on PCP fluctuates with the mileage owing to it's final residual value, so 15k miles if they even allow that much will attract a higher monthly payment. Maybe extend the loan period on pure finance with a 5 year low interest bank loan to take you into the realm ofa two year old model which affords a balance of manufacturers warranty. I don't think there is any hard or fast way to buy a car as each decision will be tailored to individuals own requirements at time of purchase. For some a banger at the 1k mark and to others a pcp and others the outright purchase. Even a new car offers value if you keep it to the death.

A Dacia offered at £100 on a pcp deal could be bought on a 5 year finance deal as follows

£7.500 over 5 year at lets say 3.3 apr will be about £136 a month.. Interest only around a ton na year so pennies for the privilege of using other folk money

So for £35 ishhh more a month you would own it outright and are able to run the mileage you wish.

Again mate there are so many variables to suit an individuals pocket

Last edited:
A Dacia offered at £100 on a pcp deal could be bought on a 5 year finance deal as follows

£7.500 over 5 year at lets say 3.3 apr will be about 136 a month.. Interest only around a ton na year so pennies for the privilege of using other folk money

So for £35 ishhh more a month you would own it outright and are able to run the mileage you wish.

Again mate there are so many variables to suit an individuals pocket
the new 2021 Sandero is so much better than its predecessor - not that it was bad. Currently best value on the market if you ask me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.