#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just maybe you need to admit you were wrong about Gundogan... I mean it's not as if Pep has been saying for the better part of 2 years that Gundogan "has a good sense, a feeling, around the box." Translation, he has a nose for goal.

But I'm sure you know better. You do you playrt... Let's believe it's Pep who is the clueless one here :)
To be fair to connell, I don't think it's a coincidence that Gündogan's form has improved exponentially with a double pivot of Cancelo/Rodri behind him, over when playing in a double pivot with Rodri.

I was never really against Gundogan. Alwys thought he was a good player who had something valuable to offer. Even if he wasn't quite KDB or Silva.
But because of this forum's strange agenda against Gundogan. I was starting to turn on him as well.

Hopefully the agenda is now over.

Or just maybe you need to admit you were wrong about Gundogan... I mean it's not as if Pep has been saying for the better part of 2 years that Gundogan "has a good sense, a feeling, around the box." Translation, he has a nose for goal.

But I'm sure you know better. You do you playrt... Let's believe it's Pep who is the clueless one here :)

He actually called Gundogan "muck" not long ago.
He has been similarly scathing towards Stones,Jesus, and many others.
A fool who doesn't learn from his mistakes, is indeed a fool.

Reactions: CBD
I was never really against Gundogan. Alwys thought he was a good player who had something valuable to offer. Even if he wasn't quite KDB or Silva.
But because of this forum's strange agenda against Gundogan. I was starting to turn on him as well.

Hopefully the agenda is now over.

"People who follow the bully are as bad as the bully "

To be fair to connell, I don't think it's a coincidence that Gündogan's form has improved exponentially with a double pivot of Cancelo/Rodri behind him, over when playing in a double pivot with Rodri.
Fair enough. I think he's attacking form has improved. His playing has been about the same.

But I wasn't wrong when he was been played in a more defensive role.

He actually called Gundogan "muck" not long ago.
He has been similarly scathing towards Stones,Jesus, and many others.
A fool who doesn't learn from his mistakes, is indeed a fool.
I stand by what I posted at the time I was "Scathing towards those you mentioned . In fact 90% of posters on here would have held a similar opinion on John stones, probably a 50/50 split on Gundog in a 2 with Rodri and something similar on jesus.
I'll call it as I see it at the time. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, not like some who has this strange view that as soon as a player dons the shirt he is a top player and can do no wrong.

"A fool who doesn't learn from his mistakes, is indeed a fool."
As for this line. The man in charge has previous for repeating past mistakes. Is he also a fool?

I stand by what I posted at the time I was "Scathing towards those you mentioned . In fact 90% of posters on here would have held a similar opinion on John stones, probably a 50/50 split on Gundog in a 2 with Rodri and something similar on jesus.
I'll call it as I see it at the time. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, not like some who has this strange view that as soon as a player dons the shirt he is a top player and can do no wrong.

"A fool who doesn't learn from his mistakes, is indeed a fool."
As for this line. The man in charge has previous for repeating past mistakes. Is he also a fool?

My view is that if a player plays their whole career at the top level, under the top coaches and is also a regular international, it is doubtful that they are "MUCK"
Being a team game and being 11 on a team it is often the case that some will benefit more than others,at any particular time, but if that benefits the TEAM as a whole then the "professional"will get on with it.
Pep often admits to making mistakes and will probably continue to do so, unfortunately some cannot see the plethora of genius that we witness on a weekly basis.
If i had to have a completely opposite view of our players, team and management I would indeed choose yours.

My monthly gundogan reminder:

1) Gundogan has always been good, and he has delivered what Pep wanted in either the double pivot, single pivot, attacking midfielder. Has he always been exceptional, no, but that's because Pep utilized Gundogan as a player to "fill the gaps", cover Silva, Kevin, Dinho, or double pivot, he can play everywhere.

2) People need to stop assuming they are smarter than the world's top coaches and players, every coach/player Gundogan has played for/with (not just Pep, Klopp too, national team, teammates like Kroos) have said that he is a fantastic midfielder. Criticisms that he is a bad footballer are really dumb.

3) When he gets time in one role, he is always better. People think what's happening now is unique, it isn't. When Dinho was injured, Gundogan was playing the 6 the whole time and played better and better each time.

Go to youtube and look up Gundogan's goals for us before this season, you'll notice that he's always been a great finisher for us, he just didn't get many chances when playing deeper.

Well what do you know, when Pep forces him to find spaces in the opposition box, he has more chances... SHOCKER!

And because he is very good at finding spaces in general (deep or up top), he has time to get even MORE quality chances.

This is why I am not surprised of Gundogan's goals, not one bit, because if you just think about it, it makes complete sense based on his qualities.

last 11 league games, 9 goals, 1 assist, 9 tackles, 9 interceptions, Shots: 27, On Target: 13, Shot conversion rate: 32% (Haaland - 27%), On target conversion rate: 69.2% (Haaland - 53.8%), 22 key passes, dispossessed: 6 times, 680 passes, pass completion: 90.5%.

become the player I always wanted him to be, hope this peak lasts a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.