City related betting wins/fails

Not a bet but win £1000 on the city cash maker I think it was called about 20 years ago , think it was a pound a week, only knew I’d won when I came home from work to find a cheque on the doormat

I just searched for the thread
As a group we won close to sixty grand

yep, I've never known so many people on the same bet. I had a tenner on @40/1 for 100 goals. All through season working out how many we needed to average per game to get there, though after we beat Stoke 7-2 pretty early on i was convinced we would do it.

The day we got to 100 at West Ham away there was at lest another 3 or 4 people sat around me who all was on it. Quite a few mates as well taking at least what I won, if not more.

Although i must sat my favourite individual game bet was when i had £1.30 (was all I had in my account) on Vinny to score & us to beat United 1-0 in April 2012 at 185/1 (imagine getting those odds now). Was a long second half (£230 was a big amount of money at the time to me. I mean it still is but you know what I mean) and i was torn between us wanting to score a second to wrap it up or for us to take it to the corner and play out time! What a night!

yep, I've never known so many people on the same bet. I had a tenner on @40/1 for 100 goals. All through season working out how many we needed to average per game to get there, though after we beat Stoke 7-2 pretty early on i was convinced we would do it.

The day we got to 100 at West Ham away there was at lest another 3 or 4 people sat around me who all was on it. Quite a few mates as well taking at least what I won, if not more.

Although i must sat my favourite individual game bet was when i had £1.30 (was all I had in my account) on Vinny to score & us to beat United 1-0 in April 2012 at 185/1 (imagine getting those odds now). Was a long second half (£230 was a big amount of money at the time to me. I mean it still is but you know what I mean) and i was torn between us wanting to score a second to wrap it up or for us to take it to the corner and play out time! What a night!
I had money on 80, 90, 100 &104 goals. We'd won the league and were closing in on the 100/104. i can't remember which game it was but we were comfortably in front and the lad I sit next to said "I'm sat here as nervous as fuck because of your fucking bet"

2014 had us to win the league.
Wasn't looking good when Dippers looked nailed on short odds on and then they beat us 3-2 at Anfield.
But kept the faith and increased my stake, think we went 10s or 12s and they were riding their luck too often.

Slippy G, Palace headless fan, Suarez cried, Yaya at Newcastle, City win 5 in a row and we were singing Edin Dzeko, and the rest is history.

Won something like £400-500.

Remember having a fiver at 22/1 on a 3-2 win against Southampton in the early 90s. After the most boring first half ended nil nil thought I’d no chance. Ding dong of a second half saw David White make it 3-2 to us in the 91st minute........... only for Southampton to equalise in the 96th !!! Even remember the twat’s name - if you’re out there Alan McLoughlin I hate you !!!!

Think it was Mancini's 2nd or last season, but we came fast out of the traps so I put £50 on Dzecko to score at 7-1 in something like the 3rd game of the season.
He did, and that continuing wave of marauding attack is one of the reasons we don't see odds like that any more for a straight any time score.

knowing what a jinx my bets are,during the 2012 run in the rags went out to even money so i stuck 100 on em to win the league, worked a fuckin treat!

city away at blackburn, midweek half pissed, ladbrooks under the stand, 40/1 for Tarnet first scorer looked good value due to his left peg. He scored early on from a 40 yard free kick and a few must have had the same bet because the shutters were up at the counter at half time ha! Had to go into town the next day to collect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.