#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd disagree. Mahrez can produce a moment of magic that Torres hasn't shown yet. Mahrez offers us so much in terms of creativity that it's hard to not play him with Cancelo and KDB aren't.

Don’t get me wrong, Mahrez clearly has ability and his ability to pluck a ball out of the sky and bring it under control is top level - and he certainly can produce moments of brilliance.

My issue is that far to often those moments of brilliance seem to come when a team is already dead and buried at 3-0 or 4-0. Or they come after 6 other opportunities where he chooses the wrong option - usually shooting rather than squaring.

If any player with his ability takes 10 shots, you’d expect him to bury at least one. It’s that ability to think “is someone in a better position?” Before thinking “I can shoot here”.

I like Mahrez when we’re in transition and he can find an outlet through ball inside the fullback to KDB. Someone put a highlight reel together of Mahrez at city and the 2 things that stood out were goals that were scored when the score read 4-0, and through balls from midfield, to KDB that lead to goals.

I just think he needs to be more team before personal glory, graft a bit more and put his foot in when it’s needed.

One thing is for sure - he’s hugely decisive - but that’s what’s great about team sports.

Looked far more dangerous on the left wing , technically superb player he plays in bursts and had a big hand in Walkers goal his attempt to slide the ball in the net left the keeper in no mans land , he has showed a lot of promise.

His connection with Phil looks very promising - they seem to be on the same wavelength.

Excited about what this guy has to offer for us next season - people seem to forget he's the same age as foden. He could easily be a starter for us next season if mahrez leaves.

Excited about what this guy has to offer for us next season - people seem to forget he's the same age as foden. He could easily be a starter for us next season if mahrez leaves.
Yeah he’s absolutely brilliant. 20yo, moved to another country away from friends and family, different type of football, in and out of the team, and had to settle in the middle of a pandemic. He even had it himself. Still, he’s one of our top scorers in his first season. I’m 99.9% sure that in 2 years he will be a better player than Sane

im going to stick my neck out here, having watched him im going to make a bold prediction.

at the start of the season we saw torres in a number of positions , people assume he will be our winger, left or right in the future, because ,well hes a winger, but is he. we also saw him up front, pep has obviously seen something in the lad, something i don't think is so obvious to the untrained eye, playing new players on the wing gives them time to learn the system pep uses and grow their tactical knowledge,

weve seen it with foden, out on the wing if they fuck up their positioning they dont cause too much damage, in the centre lose the ball there and we can be countered a lot easier, he was critical of foden in the first half of the Liverpool game saying he was out of position and making things harder for us, people took this as a way of keeping his feet on the ground, but it wasnt, foden had fucked up his positioning and we had a lot of problems controlling liverpool in the first half.

anyway on to torres, i think we will see him more and more upfront in the middle, and i personally feel we wont buy a typical forward and keep sergio for another season with torres coming more and more into he team as he learns the false nine position,or maybe we get messi and sergio leaves, im not in the know or claim to have a clue what peps take is on it, just a gut feeling.

he will be our "star" striker, a striker who interchanges with the wingers and the attacking midfielders similar to how gabby jesus is playing, imo jesus and torres will be our two forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.