Everton (A) Post Match Thread

I believe that the bald fraud, aka Fraudiola, has built a team to deliver the ultimate kick in the whatsits to all those who told us back in 2016 that his fancy dan football wouldn't work in PL, that this clever tiki taka rubbish just wouldn't work and he'd find England too tough a nut to crack. Well, the Centurions and the Fourmidables didn't do all that badly but now we have the latest evolution, Pep's PL version, the proof Pep came to learn and has learned! A team that has some really big lads in it, who are powerful in the air in our box and carry a real aerial threat up front. The difference is that their technique on the ball is just as good as any other Pep team - and we still have ball players further forward. And we still have an uncanny ability to keep the ball to the extent that this team can "rest" while passing the ball endlessly, moving the opposition around all over the place, while it is the opposition which is exhausted. This was Everton's fate last night, and Carlo, gracious as ever, was big enough to recognise it. What a performance.

He’s changed his tune over the years. I’ve no idea what he’s calling himself at the moment, but when he was a regular pundit on itv he described himself on air as as “an Arsenal fan; grew up a City fan, but an Arsenal fan” - that was what he said, or words almost identical.
He's quite open about his shift in loyalties from being a teenage, match going, City fan to now being an Arsenal 'supporter' based purely, and understandably, on him having had a hugely successful playing career at the club. I'd hazard a guess that the truth is that whilst he'd like to see Arsenal being successful he really doesn't have a great deal of interest or passion for the game in general these days. He comes across as someone who'd rather be doing something else other than being a TV pundit but it's 'easy money' for little effort, which is about as much as he puts into it.

Turn the premise of the question on it's head and ask what shit managers such as BFS, Pulis etc would do with an elite squad such as City.
Not a lot, would be the answer.
Elite squads need to be managed by elite managers.
Rodri up front with Eddie booting the ball at him and Raz running off him. Everyone else in a back 8.

Just re-watching the third goal - it's a wonderful example of how you set the defence up to fall into your trap. As the ball comes back out to Rodri, Everton are set up in the their defensive positions, all attackers are covered and forward passing channels look as if they are covered - Bernardo runs away from goal towards Rodri - King goes with him but as the ball goes out to Walker, King believes Bernardo is no danger and turns his back on him and heads towards Walker and to cover Mahrez - that is the moment Bernardo springs into life - Walker and Mahrez and Gabriel are all alive to it - Walker to Mahrez, Bernardo is running and King is still ignoring him, Mahrez one touch to bounce the pass off Gabriel and now Bernardo is free and the whole defence is wrong-footed - beautiful ...

I enjoyed the commentary like many on here. We are so used to the pundits belittling City, that it was refreshing to see is praised andnexcoted about.

The one part where i think they went a bit too far though was Ancelotti's interview after the game. All the questions were about us and how good are we. Were you just beaten by the champions, how good is this side, how could you deal with quality like that etc etc.

While it was kinda nice to hear, if that had been our manager and your typical liverpool/utd/madrid/barca team love-in, id have been raging.

Credit to Ancelotti, he showed class, joined in the praise without any frustration or attempt at excuses, but you could tell he just wanted to talk about his team. Any other manager, i wouldn't have minded one bit, but i kinda felt for him, at the end of a tough game they worked hard in.
That was fairly shit tbh, especially since Everton are having their best season since 13/14. Plus we cost Ancelotti the Chelsea job so he might respect us but he probably doesn't like us.

Isn't Bernardo the only player to start in any of our 12 consecuitive league wins? Ederson didn't play at Chelsea and Pep rotated the other players.

Bernardo's fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.