Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the headline news on BBC breakfast tomorrow morning will be the rag 4-0 win in the thursday night cup.

Unlike today, I wonder if tennis or some other minority sport will now get second billing.

We shall see.

I wonder if the headline news on BBC breakfast tomorrow morning will be the rag 4-0 win in the thursday night cup.

Unlike today, I wonder if tennis or some other minority sport will now get second billing.

We shall see.
Now, now, it’s not the Beebs fault that something else always crops up after a City masterclass.

How great is David Silva (must mention Paul Scholes in the answer)
How good is Ruben Dias (must mention Van Dijk in the answer)
How good is KdB (must mention Bruno Fernandes in the answer)

Hmmm .....
There's a growing tension developing within the media between the hyperbole of the two North West clubs that play in red and their actual abilities on and off the pitch.

We've recently seen Liverpool walk the league "without any help from VAR"

After the CAS decision where we we're acquitted the penny dropped that the rags finishing 5th in the league wasn't going to be enough to guarantee them a champions league place. There was a feeling among some supporters that they were shoehorned into the top four with the help of generous officiating.

Fast forward to this season and we see the rags falling at the first hurdle of the champions league and are now plying their trade in the Europa League (surprise, surprise).

Liverpool have fallen off a cliff and are being branded as "poor champions".

While all this is going on the media are ignoring the elephant in the room which is Manchester City. The team that is going from strength to strength. The only team that over the past ten years have qualified for a champions league place. The only team over the past seven years that have been premier league title contenders. It's consistently Manchester City and another for the league title. The only team in the premium league to win the domestic treble.

This is the dilemma the media have. Intellectually they know Manchester City are the real deal but commercially they remain institutionalised and hamstrung by peddling the tired rhetoric that the two historical top clubs will remain relevant.

Premier league place.

2011-2012 1st
2012-2013 2nd
2013-2014 1st
2014- 2015 2nd
2015- 2016 4th
2016-2017 3rd
2017-2018 1st
2018-2019 1st
2019-2020 2nd
2020-2021 ?

Last edited:
Do u really think people in South American etc are being forced to put up with the media bias we have here?
We are.
All the ESPNLA argies from #golesdeEuropa, are way up both red cunts' arses, also Spuds and Leeds, but that fell quickly. They even have a segment called "the legendary moment" sponsored by a low quality chilean wine that tastes more like vinegar, where no matter the result, the scum are praised. While "el City de Guardiola" accomplishments are swept under a red rug. Cunts.
Thus yours truly always watches the matches with the sound muted and me ipod at top volume. But later on the telly provider has CityTV and I can rewatch them, although the narrator has a cringey voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.