Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Rags afford another £80mill-&100mill player, plus his wages?

Their debt us £650mill, they are losing money every week, their huge matchday income has gone until next season, they are out of the CL, and their wage bill is the biggest in the PL already.

We have the Sancho money, no debt, our matchday income loss is a fraction of our revenues, we are still in the CL, top of the league, and in all the cups, and our wage bill good and structured.

I think if we really had to, because we sadly have to replace Serg, for once, City would beat the Rags offer for Haaland.

I think City see him as the logical and only replacement for Serg.

I can't believe we're still talking about United's debt and pretending it effects them in the transfer window nearly 20 years after the Glazers takeover.

They have spent £1,180m gross in the last 7 years. Yes they can afford to buy Haaland and a CB.

(Just because it's funny to remember - that gross spend has returned them 1 Fa Cup, 1 League Cup, 1 Community Shield and 1 Europa League)

Last edited:
They probably can but not if they also spend £60 plus mill on a centre back which is or should be their priority.

If the past predicts the future the Rags will blow at least £80m on a £60m CB. In the case of Maguire they blew £80m on a £40m CB.

When was this?
Ian Wright, on the Kelly & Wrighty show this week, he was glowing about us for a change and thought we should go for Mbappe rather than Kane, dismissing Haarland because of what his dad had said.

The 20-year-old wants to eventually play in England, but maybe not for some time. The view is that the Premier League is the most physically demanding, with the most rigorous schedule, and it does create the possibility that power-based players burn out quicker. Haaland and his father, Alf-Inge, have noted the way forwards like Michael Owen, Fernando Torres and Wayne Rooney had to change their game after bursting into the game so young, and having played a lot of football in the Premier League. Maybe Pep's rotation and no domestic cups may prove a way, he is my choice.

Last edited:
United are not in good financial shape at all. Ever increasing debt + covid has hit hard, wiped out more than 100m matchday income. Servicing that debt gets harder and harder as result. Why does everyone think they want the super league? To save their finances.

From the outside everything about this transfer makes sense, from our pretty desperate need for a striker to his dads city background and competitors having financial issues. Additionally, everything else seems to be falling into place with Dortmund 6 points behind the CL places with 13 to play, our form and the rise of Foden in contrast to the struggles of Havertz and Werner at Chelsea must make us the most attractive option.

Signing Messi makes little footballing sense to me so all focus will be on Haaland.

United are not in good financial shape at all. Ever increasing debt + covid has hit hard, wiped out more than 100m matchday income. Servicing that debt gets harder and harder as result. Why does everyone think they want the super league? To save their finances.
Borrowing is as cheap as its ever going to be so refinancing the debt would be a good idea for them. That does a lot to offset the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.