Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia is the same. As I posted the other day our ch7 news waffled about the scousers losing again the showed the Ederson/Gundo goal from him bodying the defender to striking the ball, then they cut to something about some shite American sport before the ball even crossed the line
@blueju

Is Simon Hill still hosting the sports channel in Oz? I'm pretty sure that the Warrington lad would still be flying the City flag, although he's developed a worrying Aussie accent over the years.

Spent many a match with him before he got the gig down under.

Last edited:
Just listening back to the Monday night club on 5 live - which was a bit hard to find this week as it was the Wednesday night club.

Plenty of praise for City (it was recorded during the build up to the Everton match and the first half), but Borey Rory couldn’t resist a dig about saying yes Pep has done well, but he has done so with a huge budget. To his credit Chapman came back at him and said haven’t other clubs like liverpool and united spent a lot of money too, couldn’t they also have spend the same money we did to buy Dias for example? His only reply was that, er, ok, that’s true, but what City have is the ability to establish better squad depth - quoting Ake for example, which when he presumably knows nothing about why he is absent, was out of order.

It was an exchange which showed up what we already know I suppose; liverpool fan smith couldn’t leave his club allegiance behind fully, just couldn’t allow himself to give unalloyed praise to City, whereas united fan Chapman could be fair and give credit without the snide ‘yes, but..’ comments tacked on to the end.
One a proper journalist, the other a fanboy pretending he’s a proper journalist.

I didn't think there was a Monday night club this week so thanks for that because it's prompted me to go back and listen. Glad I did because I've posted on here recently about the snake that is Rory Smith...
Chapman did so well there - I liked his first comment that City don't have the highest wage bill :) - and forced Smith down an even bigger hole. Great stuff.

The football show on Sky now. Dirk Kuyt and Kevin Campbell have just said Fernandez is the best player in the world right now. Gundo says hello. The smoke they are blowing up the rags arse is sickening after they beat a third rate team in a second rate competition. Also they are still saying they need a leader at centre half.....I thought they spent 85 million on slabhead for that?
Ha ha. He's not even the best player around Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.