How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more worried about Leicester than United as they have an easier run of games on paper of the top teams they only have to play us until May when the play United, Chelsea and Spurs. United still have away games against Chelsea, Spurs, Us, Leeds, Villa and Wolves can't see them getting anymore than 10 points from that. But if we just keep doing what we are doing then 7 wins from 13 games should be enough.

I am more worried about Leicester than United as they have an easier run of games on paper of the top teams they only have to play us until May when the play United, Chelsea and Spurs. United still have away games against Chelsea, Spurs, Us, Leeds, Villa and Wolves can't see them getting anymore than 10 points from that. But if we just keep doing what we are doing then 7 wins from 13 games should be enough.

Leicester are more likely to struggle against weaker teams in my opinion. They are given the ball and teams sit in and that weakens their threat. With their injuries and the Europa league I can see it being too much for them to challenge. They'll do well to hang on to the top 4. Last season they fell away badly and I think they'll do the same but manage to stay in the CL places this time around.

United are our only threat and that's a weak one. They'll have to beat us to stand any chance and I think we owe them another lesson. Avoid defeat to them and we'll win it. Lose to them and we will probably still win it.

Going off their points per game, United and Leicester will finish on 74/75 points.

6 wins from here should be enough. Even the most cautious and pessimistic City fan should be very excited right now.

If we managed to not win the league from this position, it would be the biggest fuck up in footballing history.

We really need to take full advantage of this upcoming run of home games.

Correct, this is where we can box it off. We need to get these won. Nobody is seemingly factoring in the possibility of big games to come down the line if we progress next in both the Champions League and FA Cup.

We could have an FA semi-final against United or Chelsea, not to mention a double-header with someone like Bayern or Liverpool.

Going off their points per game, United and Leicester will finish on 74/75 points.

6 wins from here should be enough. Even the most cautious and pessimistic City fan should be very excited right now.

If we managed to not win the league from this position, it would be the biggest fuck up in footballing history.
We’re 10 points clear with 13 games to play. I remember us turning around a 12 point gap with 8 games to play....

We need 10 wins and we will win the league regardless of any other result

The 3 games that will be tricky mostly are Man United, Leicester and Aston Villa. The rest I believe we can beat. But then again I might be wrong! 10 wins to win the league. Come on City!!!

We’re 10 points clear with 13 games to play. I remember us turning around a 12 point gap with 8 games to play....
The reality is that United/Leicester aren't as good as our league winning teams of recent years.

Since the start of December we've only conceded 4 Premier League goals.

Even if they improve their form and finish on (for argument's sake) 81 points. We'd still have to lose 6 games from our remaining 13.

If we draw 12 and win 1 game from now until the end of the league season, we'd finish on 74 points - which is what they're both forecasted to finish on.

If we replicated the form from our first 9 games (up until defeat at Spurs), we'd finish on 78/79 points.

The league is as good as done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.