Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
While our squad is excellent indeed (but remember that even some City fans were quite sceptical about it 2 months ago), its quality is not unprecedented at all. Chelsea 04-06 and United 07-09 had great squads. Same with Morinho's Madrid and Bayern 19-20. Look at United's bench in the CL final vs Barcelona back in 2009: Tevez, Scholes, Berbatov, Nani, etc. Were they state owned then? What about their transfers: Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Anderson, etc.? The Rooney fee would be 130m in the current market if adjusted for inflation in football. Same with the Ferdinand fee. Their 07-09 squad was utterly expensive. Predictably, nobody was crying back then though. And nobody among those *journalists* seems to remember it either.
And if money was no object for us we would presumably not have been outbid on players in the recent past and instead of having to make do with Dias and Rodri we could be watching Maguire and Fred.....quite a thought

I agree, we’re looking like a dynasty. A highly successful (football and financially), intelligent and long term forward looking one.

Despite the obvious cartel, pigmol and media agenda... we have continued on course and raised the bar of the quality and style of football to another level under 3 different managers in a row.

City’s success since the takeover has, due to the actions of the above groups, become almost impossible to emulate - Leicester seem to have just about done it, but not sure on their longevity, but no-one else ever will , till the bollox of the current biased FFP regulations, is changed to allow outside investment again.

its ironic that the cartel has effectively shafted themselves and left City standing alone and serene as top dogs.
The cartel are the only ones to blame for City being ahead of them and stopping anyone else peeking in.

I look forward with hope to the likes of Leicester , West Ham, Everton etc being further competitive and beating City... not because I want City to lose , but because it’s not a sport when it’s not a reasonably level playing field, it’s a disastrous procession - cf 70/80’s with Liverpool and 90/00’s with United. The only people who feel good about that manipulated domination are the fans of those clubs at the time. City fans recognise where and why 44 years of hurt occurred, and that we were very lucky to get outside investment before the cartel door slammed on every other club wanting similar.

tldr: fuck em
Leicester will get so far and then will be predated and asset stripped by the redshirts just like Ajax and the G14 a couple of years back

I haven't read the article (I refuse to read his "work" because he is a despicable worm) so I'm just going off the statement that City have the "backing" of a state that I'm commenting on. "Backing" is not the same as "ownership" and doesn'e necessarily involve any financial input at all. With so many of our officials so prominent in Abu Dhabi and Emirati political life City might consider that it would be difficult even to convince the press council that "backing" is a clear factual error or falsehood. Just think of the damage such a failure would do and the use Delaney would make of it.
I agree that you should be very selective in how you react to things. But over many years Delaney has repeatedly claimed we are state-owned and state-backed which is false (and proven to be false by three judges at CAS). Our accounts have been independently audited for more than a decade.
I am hopeful that behind the scenes we have complained privately to senior people at the Independent though given the nature of its Russian and Saudi owners that might be a hopeless task.
I believe that, within the media, City are known as a "soft touch" compared to other clubs and it is important that journalists understand that, if required, we will take action. It is about how we are perceived. Meanwhile I actually think our coverage has improved since CAS.

I haven't read the article (I refuse to read his "work" because he is a despicable worm) so I'm just going off the statement that City have the "backing" of a state that I'm commenting on. "Backing" is not the same as "ownership" and doesn'e necessarily involve any financial input at all. With so many of our officials so prominent in Abu Dhabi and Emirati political life City might consider that it would be difficult even to convince the press council that "backing" is a clear factual error or falsehood. Just think of the damage such a failure would do and the use Delaney would make of it.
You're better off not reading it TBH.

'Such a club’s success is also football’s problem for allowing almost free rein in terms of ownership.'

It's got his usual racist undertones throughout.

He also gets his usual 'it's not fair that FFP doesn't apply to them' line in. If you question him on Twitter he can never explain how that works exactly, just like the idiots who claim we have a bigger squad than everybody else.

It wouldn't be a problem for Delaney if Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk were our owners just because they are rich (Western) individuals and not 'states'?

The whole point he is making crumbles given that United have spent about as much as us on their squad. The net difference between both clubs since Pep's arrival is a Mendy who barely plays anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.