How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need 10 wins and we will win the league regardless of any other result

The 3 games that will be tricky mostly are Man United, Leicester and Aston Villa. The rest I believe we can beat. But then again I might be wrong! 10 wins to win the league. Come on City!!!
Home Games;- West Ham, Wolves, Rags, Saints, Leeds, Chelsea, Everton.
Away Games:- Fulham, Leicester, Villa, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton.

Those away matches, apart from Leicester, all look very winable. The home matches do not look too bad either though on paper harder than the away games. I think winning nine of those is very doable giving us a minimum of 86 points. That would leave Leicester and the Rags needing to win all their remaining fixtures which as they play each other in early May is a mathematical impossibility. We win both the matches against them and good night Vienna.

Last edited:
Timing is everything. Win through to the derby and then demolish them and there’s no way we lose it to them.

Leicester would need to win through until we get to them to have a chance. Leicester’s final 3 games are extremely difficult for them too.

ultimately if we lose it from here it would be catastrophic, but it is still too early to call it.

Home Games;- West Ham, Wolves, Rags, Saints, Leeds, Chelsea, Everton.
Away Games:- Fulham, Leicester, Villa, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton.

Those away matches, apart from Leicester, all look very winable. The home matches do not look too bad either though on paper harder than the away games. I think winning nine of those is very doable giving us a minimum of 86 points. That would leave Leicester and the Rgas needing to win all their remaining fixtures which as they play each other in early May is a mathematical impossibility. We win both the matches against them and good night Vienna.
I think we’ll drop less than 5 points looking at those fixtures

The way I look at it. We have won 13 league games on the spin and opened up a 10 point lead
If I remember rightly we had a similar points total to utd at that point maybe a couple less
So for utd or Leicester to overcome 10 points it will mean utd winning 13 games and us having a run that utd have had
It's possible but highly unlikely

west ham (in the league )is all that matters, teams going on a long undefeated run can lose a lot of momentum after one defeat, lose 2 on the trot and its squeaky bum time, beat west ham , get the 3 points and hopefully utd and Leicester drop points , all this we wont lose so many, or the others wont win so many is rubbish, united can get 88 points 13 wins from 13 games, we need 89 , so 10 wins from 13 games at the moment , even after our long run that is a big ask for us.

it isn't done until its done.

Last edited:
west ham (in the league )is all that matters, teams going on a long undefeated runs can lose a lot of momentum after one defeat, lose 2 on the trot and its squeaky bum time, beat west ham , get the 3 points and hopefully utd and Leicester drop points , all this we wont lose so many, or the others wont win so many is rubbish, united can get 88 points 13 wins from 13 games, we need 89 , so 10 wins from 13 games at the moment , even after our long run that is a big ask for us.

This and only this.

west ham (in the league )is all that matters, teams going on a long undefeated runs can lose a lot of momentum after one defeat, lose 2 on the trot and its squeaky bum time, beat west ham , get the 3 points and hopefully utd and Leicester drop points , all this we wont lose so many, or the others wont win so many is rubbish, united can get 88 points 13 wins from 13 games, we need 89 , so 10 wins from 13 games at the moment , even after our long run that is a big ask for us.

If we beat both the rags and Leicester the job just got easier (they also have play each other on 11th May).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.