Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I’ve left the questions on in months, I usually turn the TV to different channel once they’ve finished talking but thought I’d listen whilst doing some work in back room. Wow, absolutely ridiculous. They should just stop allowing the questions. Pointless.

I struggle to believe that there could be a surge this summer higher than last summer, we’ll have a high majority vaccinated by May, June etc.

Maybe that’s a too simplistic view but I think seasonality or seasonal behaviour will play a big part and did last year.

There’s a significantly minority who will refuse the vaccine - crucially these ppl tend to be in high risk BAME groups. Yes a lot of ppl will be vaccinated but it’s not effective for everyone. Some ppl will get it despite being vaccinated.

On 21st June we are talking about removing ALL restrictions and going back to normal. Look what happened when we eased lockdown for a single day on Xmas day. Still think there’ll be no surge?

First time I’ve left the questions on in months, I usually turn the TV to different channel once they’ve finished talking but thought I’d listen whilst doing some work in back room. Wow, absolutely ridiculous. They should just stop allowing the questions. Pointless.

This 100% first time I have listened to the questions to for about 6 month's. Bloody awful standard of questions

Early 40's, physically fit, no health problems, normal weight, non smoker male neighbour isolating with Covid couldn't breathe properly this morning, emergency ambulance turned up and treated him at home. His oxygen levels were dropping dramatically but thankfully the paramedics stayed over an hour and got him stable and his levels improved.

Scary time and at that age as well, to call the ambulance was drastic as we live about a 1/4 mile from Ashton hospital, fingers crossed for his recovery.

Just a warning to any younger ones on here who think they are indestructible and thinking about not getting the vaccine, so close it hits home.

This SAGE paper may help to clarify the implications of re-opening schools. The first 14 pages are clearly written and do touch on the concerns you have mentioned.

On the other hand, one detail that sounded ominous to me was that the "consensus view is that the opening of primary and secondary schools is likely to increase effective R by a factor of 1.1 to 1.5..."

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/963381/S1102_Children_s_Task_and_Finish_Group_update_to_17th_December_2020_paper_on_children__schools_and_transmission.pdf

If you could direct me to a link demonstrating that school and support staff will be vaccinated before the 8th, as you mentioned, that would be much appreciated as it would surely make a difference.
Denislawsbackheel on the previous page has just informed me that there is no intention to vaccinate all teachers,, he is I suspect correct.. Not sure if I read it or was told it by someone...
Maybe seeing as the vaccine roll out is going this might have been seen as a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.