Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the BBC football story regarding letting up to 10,000 fans in and i decided to read the comments (i know, i know)
How and when did we become the but of a joke about “no fans”, i’m trying to think when this started? Maine road 34,000 sell outs, Etihad 47,000 sell outs, now over 54,000 but the first comment regarding any empty stadium/no fans is always ours?
You name it, Chelsea, Newcastle, Sheff Wednesday fans all commenting about city struggling to get 10,000. I know its a joke and banter and it doesn’t bother me, i’m scratching my head thinking “why always us” when & why did this start? I really cant figure this out!

Reading the BBC football story regarding letting up to 10,000 fans in and i decided to read the comments (i know, i know)
How and when did we become the but of a joke about “no fans”, i’m trying to think when this started? Maine road 34,000 sell outs, Etihad 47,000 sell outs, now over 54,000 but the first comment regarding any empty stadium/no fans is always ours?
You name it, Chelsea, Newcastle, Sheff Wednesday fans all commenting about city struggling to get 10,000. I know its a joke and banter and it doesn’t bother me, i’m scratching my head thinking “why always us” when & why did this start? I really cant figure this out!

It started when detractors ran out of sticks to throw. Great team, great manager, great ownership. Best go after the fans then. If they're criticising us fans then I'm happy because I know it means we're doing everything right in other areas.

Here Delaney is licking Abramovich's arse. What exactly makes Abramovich, a man related to Putin's oligarchy, a better person and owner than Sheikh Mansour?
From Delaney’s point of view, his skin colour.

From Delaney’s point of view, his skin colour.
Abramovich has just sued the Independent and won. They've been forced to apologise for calling him "Putin's bag carrier". We should go after Delaney for his blatant falsehood about us being "state owned".

They employ Deloony and they want a ‘contribution’ or a subscription.

Ha!

A3-BCBE15-18-E1-4-EFD-9-F50-B39-E37-B6-A1-A8.jpg

Is it a contribution for his leaving gift from Argos then put me down for 50p & sign his card “fck off & good riddance”

I like his Wiki page:​

Personal life[edit]​

Delaney is half Irish and half Spanish and is bilingual. Delaney studied a journalism degree in Dublin at the DIT before completing a master's degree reading politics.[24][25] Delaney described Hugh McIlvanney as his favourite sports writer.[26] Delaney, by his most recent blatantly biased article regarding Manchester City FC, is a Dipper fan. He makes it embarrassingly obvious
You mean he can talk bollocks in 2 different languages ? Impressive.

I looked through some of Miguels articles to confirm how obvious the outcome of this season was from the start and just thought I'd quote some of my favourite bits.
This from after the Spurs loss doesn't quite portray the inevitable title win I was expecting -
If Guardiola is going to struggle to rediscover his team's old relentlessness, this could end up like Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger in the latter years, where there's an obvious blueprint to playing them.

Interestingly at this point, he wasn't bothered by the cost of our defence, in fact, Spurs had proven how the quality you bring in doesn't matter -
You can't quite say the same for City's backline. Both Aymeric Laporte and Ruben Dias are two centre-halves of the highest standards, but this was defending of the lowest standard. It was staggering how easy it was for one Harry Kane run to completely unravel the back four, dragging Laporte away so Son could finish. That was £121m worth of centre-halves allowing a gap that big.
There is a wider point there, which might well be that the manager's structure of the defence is now almost as influential than the quality they bring in. The same problems seem to persist regardless of who is in the defence, and they are also issues for Guardiola that long precede his time at City.
Here Miguel explains why no one can get a high points return this season.
One of the major reasons Liverpool and City have enjoyed such ludicrously high points returns over the past few seasons is because they have been able to apply the most modern football, to the maximum degree, in the most amenable settings. This doesn’t look so possible this season, and there are likely to be significant drop-offs.

Before the Liverpool game, Migs was pretty uncertain about how things would turn out, except that this Guardiola team is probably finished.
Guardiola, however, could also look across at the opposition for lessons on his challenge....

He is trying to become an even rarer manager to build a new title-winning team at the same club, in the same spell.
Guardiola isn’t trying to sustain. He’s attempting to rebuild. It’s a very different challenge, that brings in the motivation of the manager as much as the players. That is exacerbated by the fact this is the first time Guardiola has stayed at a club beyond four years. Hanging over this is the uncertainty surrounding the Catalan’s new contract. This situation warrants as much hunger from the manager as the players.​
We’re thereby into unknown territory, which is also why this very meeting feels much more unpredictable than at any point in the last few years.​
Many of its key players have gone, although they are pretty much all from the City side. This is why that first Guardiola team is probably finished in its best form, even if some totemic figures remain. Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling, Ederson and Kyle Walker almost have to be the Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville figures for him, setting the standards for the budding stars coming in.​

Within these wider cycles of the games are the cycles of managers and teams.

Guardiola finds himself at the end of one with City, with everything that entails. His 2017-19 title-winning team probably needs to be replenished, in that classic way Sir Alex Ferguson made his great virtue. Some of the core have already faded, other players are just naturally fatigued by the manager’s intensity.

That has been seen in some flatter performances, and so many draws. City as a whole just haven’t had anything like the focus of two years ago. They have no longer felt a team to be feared.

I looked through some of Miguels articles to confirm how obvious the outcome of this season was from the start and just thought I'd quote some of my favourite bits.
This from after the Spurs loss doesn't quite portray the inevitable title win I was expecting -

Interestingly at this point, he wasn't bothered by the cost of our defence, in fact, Spurs had proven how the quality you bring in doesn't matter -

Here Miguel explains why no one can get a high points return this season.

Before the Liverpool game, Migs was pretty uncertain about how things would turn out, except that this Guardiola team is probably finished.

That aged well. Fucking shitbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.