#2 | Kyle Walker - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that he didn't do that well for their goal but apart from that he was fine, 2nd half I though he played really well. That pass to Gabby was quality. Defensively we didn't give Everton much of a sniff 2nd half and he was part of that.

You been 100% bang on the money with everything you have posted?

People digging up old posts, that were absolutely relevant at the time, but are maybe not relevant now, means nothing. I am sure he felt he was being dead clever when he tagged me in, I just looked at it, gave it the disdain it was due, and simply wondered whether or not he had ever kissed a girl.

Didn't think I was being clever at all and it's not something I'd normally do and I have explained why but it's good to see you've taken it well.

I thought that he didn't do that well for their goal but apart from that he was fine, 2nd half I though he played really well. That pass to Gabby was quality. Defensively we didn't give Everton much of a sniff 2nd half and he was part of that.
Yeah his work before Jesus' chance should have received more praise here. Even Cancelo couldn't have done it better. :)

don't think the new system suits him at all. passing is just too inconsistent (also technical deficits) and he often takes a lot of time to think what to do next. he is class nonetheless and has his perks for sure but i would prefer zinchenko/cancelo for now atleast.

Cannot be anywhere near the CL starting line ups (unless the 2nd leg is dead rubber). Technical limitations will be exposed.

Cannot be anywhere near the CL starting line ups (unless the 2nd leg is dead rubber). Technical limitations will be exposed.
Huh? Walker was amazing against Everton, cutting off numerous goal scoring opportunities due to his defensive prowess.

If, however, you mean that you prefer a more attack minded RB... well, that's not Walker's forte and I agree, Cancelo as a false RB is much better in promoting offense though he gives up a bit on defense.

Still, Walker has been excellent for us and I wouldn't mind seeing him start.

Kyle, if you’re reading this; we don’t want any of that play acting at this club. You’ve never done it before so you don’t need to start doing it now.

That is all.

Playing as a defensive RB where we shift to a back 3 is probably the best way to use him.

It's seemingly become that Cancelo starts, and the other fullback has to play deeper to accomodate, whether its Walker, Zinchenko, Ake.

Playing as a defensive RB where we shift to a back 3 is probably the best way to use him.

It's seemingly become that Cancelo starts, and the other fullback has to play deeper to accomodate, whether its Walker, Zinchenko, Ake.
This. I think Cancelo/Zin is preferable, though Cancelo/Walker is fine. Walker/Zin is not.

It also means that Mendy is well and truly the odd man out, because he doesn’t really fit in any of the combinations. He can’t do what Cancelo does, and I don’t think Pep would trust him to be the guy that stays deeper in a Cancelo/Mendy partnership. He is more a traditional up and down the wing full back which we don’t currently have any call for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.