#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it crazy how he can show some top level striker instincts with his movement for his goal, yet when he was 1 on 1 through on goal, he was looking for a pass????

To me it wasn't that he didn't bury it.

If he went in on goal and missed, or the keeper saved it, I wouldn't be too pissed. I don't think as many others would be either.

It was the cowardice and timidness as soon as he got onto the ball. Even from way out he slowed down, dithered, and as someone in the match day thread said, his first, second, and third thoughts were to pass it. That's from a guy who many are touting as Aguero's heir.

It says a lot about his mentality and natural tendecies. I think he's a excellent poacher inside the penalty area - tonight reaffirmed that. He can get ugly goals. Outside it though, he's a total deer in the headlights.
A valid point but I disagree slightly in that there's nothing wrong with his first thought being to pass, there could easily have been a situation where there's a simple square ball for a tap in which would be the correct option, the problem is once he realised that wasn't on and the only option was to shoot he didn't seem to have any conviction and almost did a sterling where he just stood still long enough for the chance to be gone without making a decision. Ruthlessness is needed there.

Jesus isn't the heir to Aguero because they're not the same player and Pep doesn't ask them to be the same. Jesus makes the front line tick and knits it together much better than aguero whereas sergio shoulders the goalscoring responsibility more, won't offer as much for the team in general but demands to be fed and will make the difference when it matters. The comparison isn't appropriate, it's like how we don't ask cancelo to be the anti-counter sweeper and we don't sk walker to go play as a playmaker, both have different skill sets for different roles within the same generalised position. when aguero leaves he will be replaced by somebody else who will be similar if Pep wants that as an option and we will still have 2 different forwards.

No denying he should have buried that 1v1 but he was superb all night, worked his arse off, lead the line brilliantly his overall game is improving constantly and he got his goal. fantastic game.
I’ve always backed him but he’s so frustrating. He sometimes dribbles past a couple players with ease, but only to then trip over the ball once he’s free. If he cut out all the bad bits of his game, particularly his shooting, he’d be the perfect striker for Pep. I’ll never be to hard on a player that gives 100% every game and thats what Gabby does.

If he went in on goal and missed, or the keeper saved it, I wouldn't be too pissed. I don't think as many others would be either.

It was the cowardice and timidness as soon as he got onto the ball. Even from way out he slowed down, dithered, and as someone in the match day thread said, his first, second, and third thoughts were to pass it. That's from a guy who many are touting as Aguero's heir.

It says a lot about his mentality and natural tendecies. I think he's a excellent poacher inside the penalty area - tonight reaffirmed that. He can get ugly goals. Outside it though, he's a total deer in the headlights.
Professional footballer makes error of judgement, happens to most players in most games.
Now considered, "Cowardice", congratulations on bringing player analysis to a new low. He is 23 years old, has scored 77 goals for City in 178 appearances, not 178 full games and you think that tagging him as cowardly is appropriate. He rarely stops working, bounces back when things go against him, worked hard to come back from injury and illness, all indications of a very good character, but you see fit to accuse him of cowardice and some unspecified reference to " It says a lot about his mentality and natural tendecies". So what does "it" say about " his mentality and natural tendecies" ?, we are not all experts on the psychological make up of Brazilian international footballers. The shirt he wears says "G.Jesus" not "Aguero's heir" or clone, maybe we should accept that he is selected for what he brings to the team right now and let Pep and the backroom staff decide on his character and mentality.

What an absolutely wank post, got as far as cowardice and thought, this shit post isn't worth carrying on with

Last edited:
Professional footballer makes error of judgement, happens to most players in most games.
Now considered, "Cowardice", congratulations on bringing player analysis to a new low. He is 23 years old, has scored 77 goals for City in 178 appearances, not 178 full games and you think that tagging him as cowardly is appropriate. He rarely stops working, bounces back when things go against him, worked hard to come back from injury and illness, all indications of a very good character, but you see fit to accuse him of cowardice and some unspecified reference to " It says a lot about his mentality and natural tendecies". So what does "it" say about " his mentality and natural tendecies" ?, we are not all experts on the psychological make up of Brazilian international footballers. The shirt he wears says "G.Jesus" not "Aguero's heir" or clone, maybe we should accept that he is selected for what he brings to the team right now and let Pep and the backroom staff decide on his character and mentality.
Excellent well balanced post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.