Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha No chance .

The angle some of the media take with us is that were the evil empire.

The hope is some team,(united) will step up to beat us.

Last year it was the plucky redbell alliance from Merseyside that blew up our deathstar.

Not this season,i'm afraid to say ;) ,the new deathstar is fully operational.
“No star system will dare oppose the Emperor now.”

The worse thing about the media is that they are the ones spouting off about a quadruple.
Not the club or us fans.
Then when we exit a competition (i'd obviously love it if we didnt this season) all the opposing fans particularly Rags and Dippers slag us off for being arrogant and slate us with "wheres your quad now you sick twats".
S
The media have done this now for a few seasons bar last year obviously, and I feel they are just trying to set us up for abuse.

But who knows one of these times we might just "repay the media's ...er faith" and actually do it.
Then who would be the sick twats?

If we only win 3 they'll want Pep sacked for underperforming.

Whether he was joking or not it's a shame he mentioned the money comment. Surely Pep knows the press by now. Instead of how brilliant the players were and how the team outplayed a good german side we're now seeing lazy rag and dipper loving journalists picking out that comment in that 11 minute interview to use against us.
They would have used the money taunt anyway. They have done for the last 12 years. The Mailonline article is riddled with mistakes and lies from start to finish. It claims we have spent £2bn....in the last 20 years and says we are "owned by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi." The false narrative has been set and will never change.
Under these circumstances we may as well own the "money narrative" so I support what Pep said. The more we all say it the harder it will be for our enemies to use it as a stick to beat us.
Andy Dunn works for the Mirror. The paper that has probably spread more toxic lies and racist tropes about our club and its owner than even the Sun. I enjoyed his discomfort at Pep's answer.

Take a look at all the bitter rags and dippers in the comments section who think that Pep has just spilled the beans and confirmed what they 'knew' all along.

You just can't fix stupid.
I dunno about that, a sledgehammer to the skull gets rid of all the symptoms.

So true. The atmosphere at Goodison has always been better than Anfield. Anfield (like most places) was great in the 70s but has been shit for the last 25 years. The YNWA song before games is a contrived event for the plastic tourists. It's embarrassing to watch actually. It is pathetic compared to European grounds I have been to especially Poznan, Seville, Schalke, Hamburg, and Aris Salonika. The TV hype surrounding LFC fans is bollocks. The atmosphere at Bayern Munich and the Camp Nou is also pretty pathetic with thousands of tourists. There are so many myths in football. The Palace fans make more noise than the scousers and so do Leeds.
I’ve told people in the past that Selhurst Park is the best atmosphere in the country but because they don’t get wanked off by a sycophantic press I don’t think people who haven’t followed their teams away from home fully believe me. All the atmospheres in this country are nothing compared to the ones abroad, I’ve been to several of the grounds you’ve stated and the fact that we’re lead to believe Anfield is the best of the lot is quite frankly laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.