City_rabin

This whole thing got me a bit down yesterday when i was catching up on it all on Twitter. The fella that has these views and the people who support him, i get it, you think it's normal and are upset that your club (and maybe the world) are changing. But, and i'm sure you don't need me to tell you, it IS and you either need to change yourself or fuck off and get whatever you think your club should be, from another club. Maybe you can all get together and do what the rags did? Create your own, weird, locals only-allowed club?

The first time i went to Maine Road was with my friends who were white, i was shit scared of going on my own and honestly i felt like i didn't belong. Even when i was in there, i felt something in the air and it was weird. It's most likely not intentional, but there are a tonne of supporters who still think that a football club should be only for them. It's not you don't own it and just because you have grown up somewhere or because, maybe your whole family has been going for generations, it doesn't mean you have a monopoly on City. Nobody in my entire family supported City, not even one person, i didn't know anybody that had even been to a City game until i got to school. How's that my fault?

The guy who is one of the pawns in this, i believe one of his posts were something to the effect of him never caring what foreign reds or dipper fans said, so he wasn't about to start with foreign blues. Why is their opinion invalidated because they're in a different timezone to you? Fucking weird attitude and i see a lot of people online agree with it. I hope this period allows for some inner reflection, rather than a defiant chest-pumping "fuck them" attitude.
This ladies and gentleman is a heartfelt, well written, honest, and completely fantastic post.

City, like every club, has a number of absolute wankers amongst our number. Rabin was not one of them and He has been chased off twitter by a few who most certainly are.

I enjoyed Rabins posts when shown on here and I am saddened that people just can't get along. Was the issue that Rabin is foreign fan?

Don’t really get all this, but understand the chap Rabin ruffled the feathers of our detractors, and I thank him for that.

now I’m not sure how I break it to my city supporting 22 year old, he should have been supporting Dundee United for the past 20 years given his place of birth. He’ll not be happy

They wouldn't have come after you, unless you were really hitting the nail on the head.

When it comes to 'identity', some people will do anything to protect the feeling that the littlest thing about how they view themselves is a universal truth. People like that are misguided, and usually profoundly trapped in a very small world view. They want to trap other people in their little world. They reserve all their fury for people who point to a way out.

Chin up. This is a normal part of life, if an unpleasant one. It is very much brought to the fore by social media. You don't need to fight them. Their abuse speaks for itself. Anyone who finds themselves crossing the line like that is automatically at fault.

Don’t really get all this, but understand the chap Rabin ruffled the feathers of our detractors, and I thank him for that.

now I’m not sure how I break it to my city supporting 22 year old, he should have been supporting Dundee United for the past 20 years given his place of birth. He’ll not be happy
Just tell him it could be worse, he could have to support Dundee.

I remember walking down Denmark Road from Hulme to Maine Road. I used to love the fact that coaches came from all over to follow us. Maybe not as many as United, but we still had supporters clubs in other countries FFS and I was proud of that.

The fact that we now have fans in America, Africa and Asia is absolutely fine by me.

You don’t have to agree. Guff though?
You didn't have to post it in a thread that was defending a guy that had been racially abused on twitter tbf especially seeing as half the post showed the same empathy that the racist attackers mates showed him on twitter.

You then bring in a tale about 70yo men or true blues that don't frequent the internet for no other reason than, well I am not sure why tbh, they have a place but they didn't really have a place in this thread as it wasn't really about 70yo men, white, black or just human.

I haven't been to see City live for over 15 years, I don't live in Manchester, I wasn't born in Manchester but I am from the North West, going off your rational my 44 years of hard service is worth absolutely fuck all apart from the fact that I am English.

But I will bring up one of the last things you mention as an example, I absolutely love American football, you know that Rugby for poofs game, should I now just jack my 35 years service to the New York Jets down the garbage shute because I am sure there are blokes like you on the Jets forum I frequent as much as I do here, I bet I am fucking hated by some as much as the yanks are hated on here, talking about our beloved game.

The thing is, there just isn't an American football team over here worth watching, yes back in the 80's there was the London Monarchs in a euro league and some part-time amateur teams but I can't afford to pop to London for a day, (the very reason I don't pop to Manchester to watch City tbh, frankly I have more important things to spend my wages on.)

So let's say an Indian really likes football, what do you want them to watch? The local football that is probably very poor fare or picking a team in the EPL that is shown on your TV as much as you want? The chances are, they do also follow one of their local teams as well.

So like I said your post was as full of guff as most likely you will think mine is also.

Enjoy your evening, don't feel the need to reply it has all been said really.

Last edited:
This ladies and gentleman is a heartfelt, well written, honest, and completely fantastic post.

City, like every club, has a number of absolute wankers amongst our number. Rabin was not one of them and He has been chased off twitter by a few who most certainly are.
Agree whole heartedly. Not wishing to blow smoke up anyone's backside but Rabin played an absolutely brilliant game , defending our club from the agenda driven shite being thrown at it by clickbait media outlets, mainstream media and fans of rival clubs. Who can forget where we were before the CAS judgement last year. I don't know who Rabin is or where he is from but he was on ourside and for me that counted. The likes of Prestwich Blue also were brilliant at bringing a little clarity to the complicated FFP story. Not all of us are Mancs, not all of us can get to all the games but why attack anyone that likes our club above others and calls themselves a fan? - There will be many that Rabin put to the sword laughing their cocks off that he has be forced to leave Twitter.

You didn't have to post it in a thread that was defending a guy that had been racially abused on twitter tbf especially seeing as half the post showed the same empathy that the racist attackers mates showed him on twitter.

You then bring in a tale about 70yo men or true blues that don't frequent the internet for no other reason than, well I am not sure why tbh, they have a place but they didn't really have a place in this thread as it wasn't really about 70yo men, white, black or just human.

I haven't been to see City live for over 15 years, I don't live in Manchester, I wasn't born in Manchester but I am from the North West, going off your rational my 44 years of hard service is worth absolutely fuck all apart from the fact that I am English.

But I will bring up one of the last things you mention as an example, I absolutely love American football, you know that Rugby for poofs game, should I now just jack my 35 years service to the New York Jets down the garbage shute because I am sure there are blokes like you on the Jets forum I frequent as much as I do here, I bet I am fucking hated by some as much as the yanks are hated on here, talking about our beloved game.

The thing is, there just isn't an American football team over here worth watching, yes back in the 80's there was the London Monarchs in a euro league and some part-time amateur teams but I can't afford to pop to London for a day, (the very reason I don't pop to Manchester to watch City tbh, frankly I have more important things to spend my wages on.)

So let's say an Indian really likes football, what do you want them to watch? The local football that is probably very poor fare or picking a team in the EPL that is shown on your TV as much as you want? The chances are, they do also follow one of their local teams as well.

So like I said your post was as full of guff as most likely you will think mine is also.

Enjoy your evening, don't feel the need to reply it has all been said really.
I will respond as what you have interpreted as my position on the original post isn’t what you think it is. That’s my fault as I clearly didn’t articulate it well enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.