Peter Swales

NO he wasn’t. He was never a City fan, never even close to being a City fan. Not for one moment.

If anything he held a soft spot for Altrincham FC but what he really was, was a Swales fan. City was just his vehicle of choice to ingratiate hisself with the FA and get and then keep a seat on the FA board.

If he had been a city fan he would have given up the reins years before he did as a blind dog could see his tenure was ruining the club a little bit more each day.

He was a ****, a lying duplicitous ****. We very nearly saw the actual death of our club because of him.

May he rot in hell.
Oh my god, he ran our beloved football club really badly.....he wasn't Ian Brady !

NO he wasn’t. He was never a City fan, never even close to being a City fan. Not for one moment.

If anything he held a soft spot for Altrincham FC but what he really was, was a Swales fan. City was just his vehicle of choice to ingratiate hisself with the FA and get and then keep a seat on the FA board.

If he had been a city fan he would have given up the reins years before he did as a blind dog could see his tenure was ruining the club a little bit more each day.

He was a ****, a lying duplicitous ****. We very nearly saw the actual death of our club because of him.

May he rot in hell.
Always nice to read a balanced view, that puts both sides of the argument with equal weighting. ;-)

giphy.gif

Haha, yes.

upon reflection I may have been a bit O.T.T there...just the mention of his name sets me off even after all these years.
As I stood on the Wembley terraces celebrating our 1976 league cup final win, never in my worst nightmares did I think it would be 35 years before we won another trophy. Nor did I think we would end up in the old third division, although Swales had left by then, it was his maintenance of the upkeep of the ship that hastened our sinking.

Now people can say our dark days in the wilderness were character building and a good laugh. There is an element of truth in that but on the whole they were depressingly shite and Swales was the man responsible.

Not Ian Brady but the absolute worst thing to happen to our club in it’s entire history.
When Swales arrived in 1973 we were a leading club in English football. We had won four major trophies (including a European one) in the previous five years and just a year earlier had missed winning a second league title by one point (1972). He turned us into a laughing stock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.