#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very concerned about his lack of tackling. As Rodri made last minute mistake last night, Laporte was very quick. He could block that shoot with the tackle. He didn’t.

When you see Ruben and how oft he tackles and blocks. It is not hard to guess what makes our new defence so good. When you block-they don’t score. Very simple.

see Video on City Homepage...
Don't know what you're seeing there, he did well to close the space down as quickly as he did, the striker had a 5 yard head start on him, he hurried him into shooting straight at ederson. Don't even think he could have threw himself at the ball but assuming he could, diving in would have meant he was out of control and anything could have happened, laporte did well in that situation as of course did ederson, Rodri was the major fuck up nobody else.

Don't know what you're seeing there, he did well to close the space down as quickly as he did, the striker had a 5 yard head start on him, he hurried him into shooting straight at ederson. Don't even think he could have threw himself at the ball but assuming he could, diving in would have meant he was out of control and anything could have happened, laporte did well in that situation as of course did ederson, Rodri was the major fuck up nobody else.
Yes, Rodri made a mistake. But generally I see lack of tackling, strength and agility. After the injury he looks elegant while passing and that’s it. We didn’t have other player to compare with after Kompany but as Diaz came and Stones is on the fire- it is easy to see what Laports missing.

this was the situation where he should have tackle

89673D6B-1116-4405-974A-A5F0BAF41FFB.jpeg

Yes, Rodri made a mistake. But generally I see lack of tackling, strength and agility. After the injury he looks elegant while passing and that’s it. We didn’t have other player to compare with after Kompany but as Diaz came and Stones is on the fire- it is easy to see what Laports missing.

View attachment 11290
After the player had shot? That's asking for trouble.

View attachment 11290
I don't see a lack of strength in laporte's game at all, he's rarely if ever outmuscled, agility wise, he's just made up 5-10 yards in that still image you posted which is also misleading because he's already stretched to get that close to the defender to hurry him, he can't stretch twice in the same movement to get a block in, if he had been running alongside him then yeah but he hadn't, he was always at a disadvantage positionally attempting to cover Rodri's ridiculous mistake and did well.

He's not as aggressive as Dias granted but you don't need every CB to be that aggressive, a mix is often seen as ideal, he is more similar to VVD with his defending than Dias.

Class. Pegged back by career threatening injury lest we forget. Will be vital for years to the club.

Laporte and Dias both average 0.8 tackles per game this season. In Laporte’s last “full” season (34 league starts in 2018/19) that was 1.2 per game.

Stones averages 0.7 per game. Quite honestly we just don’t do that much defending. Cancelo (2.1), Rodri (2) and Zinchenko (1.6) make the most per game on average.

Laporte and Dias both average 0.8 tackles per game this season. In Laporte’s last “full” season (34 league starts in 2018/19) that was 1.2 per game.

Stones averages 0.7 per game. Quite honestly we just don’t do that much defending. Cancelo (2.1), Rodri (2) and Zinchenko (1.6) make the most per game on average.
I'm only basing this off of assumption, but I feel that our CBs sit deeper when the team's defending than they would have done previously in other seasons under Pep.

Statistically we're pressing less, and it seems we're much faster to get men behind the ball than ever.

Our CBs are more a literal last line of defence than before when they used to be more proactive.

I'm only basing this off of assumption, but I feel that our CBs sit deeper when the team's defending than they would have done previously in other seasons under Pep.

Statistically we're pressing less, and it seems we're much faster to get men behind the ball than ever.

Our CBs are more a literal last line of defence than before when they used to be more proactive.

Ideally you want to make as few tackles as possible. Tackles are risky. Possession, pressure and positioning are all better forms of defence than tackling. Keep the ball, force a turnover, intercept a pass, make the opponents clear their lines. The teams that make the most tackles generally exert the least control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.