#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people keep saying it - he's absolutely playing as an out and out striker! He's definitely not playing on the wings, and I disagree that he really comes THAT deep to not be considered playing at striker.

Does anyone have his average position in relation to the rest of the team's average position? Because he'd DEFINTIELY be the most forward. I don't understand where this notion that he's not playing as a striker comes from.

Last night's player map. Think Jesus must have changed his number though as he is an out and out striker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-11-34-440_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-11-34-440_com.android.chrome.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 29
Last night's player map. Think Jesus must have changed his number though as he is an out and out striker.
Further showing the false 9 approach we have been using, deeper than Foden and Sterling on average from that image.

Mind you, it doesn't change the fact that Jesus, Sterling and actually every attacker needs to finish their chances, but hopefully give some posters perspective that this system clearly relies on players fluidly rotating central positions, and there IS benefit to confusing opposition defenders on who to mark.

Putting a focal point there would change this somewhat, and while I'd still want a player like Haaland or a fit Aguero to play that role (who wouldn't be as good as Jesus as a false 9), Jesus can clearly offer something else that we are using right now in this dominant period.

1614290564712.png

this is actually the average position for the everton game - as you can clearly see, he plays striker. even in YOUR image he clearly plays striker! compare him to gundo and see how many bloody goals he scores.

But doesn't fit the agenda of weirdos here who really seem to love tagging me in weird posts calling me a **** basically all around the forum. very normal human beings on here.

thank god for the ignore button. weirdos.

He's hardly playing as an out and out striker though is he? There's fuck all point comparing him with strikers whose only job is to stay between the posts and score goals.
I'm not saying he's having a great goal scoring season, but the post i replied to was questioning his conversion rate. There's fuck all wrong with his conversion rate.
Hi 93:20(that never gets old) I'll take it further. The first two seasons his conversion rate per minute was very good.
Since then our offensive strategy changed significantly, by design or just others hold up play and decision making. It doesn't matter but the net result is way less room for our no.9 to thrive. A more accurate assessment of what's really happening might be to work out our teams over all conversion rate from the no.9 position and compare Gabby's total against that. I'm sure in those terms it'll be more in line with what's really happening and how important his other contributions are.
on his chance yesterday, on the angle he recieved the ball the correct play was to pass across for the tap in, it wasn't on, he cut across, yes a little too slow and by the time Bernie got there he was already committed to shoot, then he took an extra touch, mistake, but he does that way less than cancelo, raz and riyad.
Ya we could always use a worldy striker, but the team's in a good place so 'Ill focus on that.

View attachment 11304

this is actually the average position for the everton game - as you can clearly see, he plays striker. even in YOUR image he clearly plays striker! compare him to gundo and see how many bloody goals he scores.

But doesn't fit the agenda of weirdos here who really seem to love tagging me in weird posts calling me a **** basically all around the forum. very normal human beings on here.

your the weirdo

Is it possible he’s become our most underrated player due to all the work he doesn’t get credit for. Yes, the finishing isn’t consistently world class. But he plays his role incredibly well and the more he plays the better he’ll become. He’s only 23 and I think in a few months time we might look back on these moments as the coming of age for Jesus.

I know it’s been done a thousand times over, but I just find it difficult to see Jesus in a front 3 long-term at City as a first choice pick. He’s had his opportunities to show he can replace Aguero but fallen short for me - I find him frustrating because he can be so brilliant one minute and so wasteful the next.

If he’s happy to remain part of the squad then he’s a massive asset because he definitely has talent and offers something a bit different, but he could go and be a decent first choice striker at many other clubs. I don’t think he’ll ever reach the top.
If anything he is the ideal player for a front 3 at City (at the moment). I say that because Haaland could come in and then we will be changing how we play.
Lets presume we don't get Haaland...

Jesus, Sterling, Foden, Bernardo, Torres and Mahrez etc have all proven their ability to play anywhere in that front 3, drop into midfield and pick the ball up, go long and look for a pass over the top, cut in on either side if running at a defender and so forth.

Pep's faith in Jesus has been pretty unwavering, he gets frustrated with him like anyone but look at the Madrid games last year for examples of just what he brings to the team. He works hard, has improved year on year (all round game, not necessairly goal scoring).

Pep would rather 3 players score 10 and assist 10 than one player score 40 and the others get 5.

View attachment 11304

What is obvious is that we have nobody in the box, how did we score.-)
The movemerent of our team that night was the best I have ever seen. It was lauded by the opposition manager, media , pundits, and my pet dog.
Single dot average positions give as much information as Paul Merson on any Saturday afternoon.

View attachment 11304

Are you ten year old american ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.