West Ham (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2/3 should be rotated to keep the team like the well oiled machine it is.
On a winning run like this, every player wants to start every game.
I would rotate Sterling, Bernie and either Dias or Laporte.
No use 2nd guessing what Pep will do though.
Wet Spam don't have a game after this for a full week - I think 20 mins "smash and grab" attempt, then if that does not work, sit deep and attempt to catch us on the counter. They might as well have a go.
Pep made 5 changes from Everton to Arsenal and then 5 changes from Arsenal to Borussia. He'll made another 5-6 changes with Stones, Zinch, Dinho, KDB and Mahrez in, maybe Torres too.

Apparently, Pep relies on 16 players for more important games: Ederson--Dias, Stones, Laporte--Cancelo, Walker, Zinchenko--Rodri, Dinho--Gundogan, Bernardo, KDB--Sterling, Foden, Jesus, Mahrez. Pep probably hopes to add Kun, Ake and Torres to that group. Steffen is always there. Mendy, Garcia, Doyle are fringe options for now.

Not an easy game but I see West Ham going at us from the off as they have more to gain with a win than anything else & they know they can’t contain us.

I just don’t see them keeping up the press for 90 mins. I’m expecting a cup final type game.

I'm going 4-2 to city
No team has scored more than 1 against us since Spurs back in November, you think West Ham are the team to finally break that record?

I've actually gone for for a 1 all draw. I think the winning run has stop somewhere and the early kick off after Wednesdays game could be our undoing.

Frightening line up! I reckon that will tear us a new one! De Bruyne...gulp.
An early kick off isn't ideal after a midweek European away game, but thankfully we have an almost fully fit squad so can rotate a few players. I still think it'll be a really tough game though. I've been very impressed with West Ham this season, and full credit to David Moyes for the job he's done. You've got the basis of a very good side there. Rice, Soucek, and Antonio are all excellent players. Best of luck for the rest of the season, starting after tomorrow!

Morning all. West ham fan, and I come in peace! Firstly, thanks to airbus for posting a link to this thread over on knees up mother brown... you'll find me on there, same username. Thanks for having me on here.

This match is a huge test for us...your team is far and away the best in the league this season, and deserve to win it. On the occasions I have watched your games I have been seriously impressed.

For us hammers, this season is nothing short of a revelation. Pre lock down last season we looked doomed...post lock down we did enough to stay up, just, and if I'm honest I was expecting another season of struggle. Apart from the loss against Newcastle (ffs) and average performances against Brighton and a spirited Fulham, we've played some good stuff and massively exceeded all expectations. This pleases me greatly and to be able to say we are safe from relegation in February is unaccustomed but very welcome indeed!

So... here's a run down of our team as I see it: Fabiański is a class keeper, although slightly on the wane. He has pulled off some great saves, and has a presence that settles defenders. Coufal - hard working, likes to get forward and will run through a wall for the team, still has Grealish somewhere in his back pocket! Dawson - written off at Watford, but has rediscovered his game under Moyes and is a huge presence at the back for us. Diop - young, athletic, getting his confidence back but needs to learn to jump...crosses into the box tend to confuse him and his unwillingness to leave terra firma can lead to soft goals being conceeded. Cresswell - experienced, wand of a left peg, great passer and good with dead balls but lacks pace. We really miss Ogbonna...massive loss for us, but we are coping ok without him.

Rice and Soucek - for me, and clearly I'm biased, this is one of the best DM combos in the league. Both are just awesome players who compliment each other well, get all over the pitch, and work so hard for the team.

Lingard, Bowen, Fornals, Lanzini, Benrahma...perm any three from five, but it hasn't clicked yet. I like Lingard, he seems to have slotted straight in and looks like a class act on the pitch. Lanzini looks a spent force after his injury...I am hoping he can rediscover his past form but has lost a yard of pace. Bowen - hard working, always looks to get forward but his passing and decision making are poor. Benrahma - see Bowen but with more step overs. Fornals - does everything asked of him, but it all goes to pieces when he gets in the box...surprised he hasn't been nicknamed waddingtons yet!

Antonio - can be unplayable, but injury prone. I expect his ham strings to ping at any point during every match!

I'm looking forward to this game, and I'd like to see us be competitive and give it a proper go, unlike the Liverpool match where we just rolled over. I'm confident and hopeful but I think you have too much for us, but despite expecting to see a 2-0 win for you, I'm gonna go with a thrilling (for us anyway!) 2-2 draw.

Good luck, and I wish your fine club nothing but success...except for Saturday of course!
My son met some Hammers fans whilst at the World Cup in Germany in 2006 and he has kept in touch with them ever since. I was also introduced to them a few years back when I went to the Boat Show at the Excel with my son, he was going to the West Ham v City Cup match later that day. They are really sound lads and I confess to always looking out for your results after checking on ours. Best of luck for the rest of the season if you can just let us have the 3 on Saturday please.

No team has scored more than 1 against us since Spurs back in November, you think West Ham are the team to finally break that record?

I've actually gone for for a 1 all draw. I think the winning run has stop somewhere and the early kick off after Wednesdays game could be our undoing.

If they get in our box and go down Oliver will blow his whistle the mans a corrupt bias cheating ****.

Morning all. West ham fan, and I come in peace! Firstly, thanks to airbus for posting a link to this thread over on knees up mother brown... you'll find me on there, same username. Thanks for having me on here.

This match is a huge test for us...your team is far and away the best in the league this season, and deserve to win it. On the occasions I have watched your games I have been seriously impressed.

For us hammers, this season is nothing short of a revelation. Pre lock down last season we looked doomed...post lock down we did enough to stay up, just, and if I'm honest I was expecting another season of struggle. Apart from the loss against Newcastle (ffs) and average performances against Brighton and a spirited Fulham, we've played some good stuff and massively exceeded all expectations. This pleases me greatly and to be able to say we are safe from relegation in February is unaccustomed but very welcome indeed!

So... here's a run down of our team as I see it: Fabiański is a class keeper, although slightly on the wane. He has pulled off some great saves, and has a presence that settles defenders. Coufal - hard working, likes to get forward and will run through a wall for the team, still has Grealish somewhere in his back pocket! Dawson - written off at Watford, but has rediscovered his game under Moyes and is a huge presence at the back for us. Diop - young, athletic, getting his confidence back but needs to learn to jump...crosses into the box tend to confuse him and his unwillingness to leave terra firma can lead to soft goals being conceeded. Cresswell - experienced, wand of a left peg, great passer and good with dead balls but lacks pace. We really miss Ogbonna...massive loss for us, but we are coping ok without him.

Rice and Soucek - for me, and clearly I'm biased, this is one of the best DM combos in the league. Both are just awesome players who compliment each other well, get all over the pitch, and work so hard for the team.

Lingard, Bowen, Fornals, Lanzini, Benrahma...perm any three from five, but it hasn't clicked yet. I like Lingard, he seems to have slotted straight in and looks like a class act on the pitch. Lanzini looks a spent force after his injury...I am hoping he can rediscover his past form but has lost a yard of pace. Bowen - hard working, always looks to get forward but his passing and decision making are poor. Benrahma - see Bowen but with more step overs. Fornals - does everything asked of him, but it all goes to pieces when he gets in the box...surprised he hasn't been nicknamed waddingtons yet!

Antonio - can be unplayable, but injury prone. I expect his ham strings to ping at any point during every match!

I'm looking forward to this game, and I'd like to see us be competitive and give it a proper go, unlike the Liverpool match where we just rolled over. I'm confident and hopeful but I think you have too much for us, but despite expecting to see a 2-0 win for you, I'm gonna go with a thrilling (for us anyway!) 2-2 draw.

Good luck, and I wish your fine club nothing but success...except for Saturday of course!

Hello Simon, you sound like a level headed optimistic Hammer like myself... in which case, how do you stomach being a poster on KUMB ? It's full of bile and hatred and so negative, i barely read it nowadays.

I am expecting a difficult game because of the midweek away game in the Champions League and because West Ham are a good side. It's the combination of both which makes it a tough fixture for us.

I hope West Ham get top 4. I think Chelsea are improving and will get one spot but Leicester loook really average without Maddison.
Very unlikely West Ham will get top 4 much more likely Leicester will but I don't really care.

I want the title and we are so so close now.
Win these next four home games and it is barring an act of god or Covid all over.

Not easy playing so soon after coming back from Europe, and they put us under pressure in the reverse fixture, but I think we will have too much for them tm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.