Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. It started off so well. I woke later and the so sun was out so no need to stay in bed so long waiting for the house to warm. And then it turned to crap.
Better now that I spotted a blackbird possibly collecting his nesting material so things have improved and of course made contact with proper fans in here;)
Fuck me mate you have got it hard . Do you live in a tree house.

Its fucking ridicules knocknout cups arent easy to win. Look at how many times City have been screwed by VAR and the refs in champions league. Winning knock out cups particularly in Europe needs luck something City never had. To win the fa cup one bad VAR decision and you could be out.

Liverpool had some much luck and help to win the champs league and premier league
I agree they had luck to win the CL, nearly all clubs do. As for the PL they would have won it with or without luck last year. We had luck when we won the domestic treble in certain games and we will need some this season as well albeit it is clear we are the outstanding team.

Over a season the best team always wins the league, the cups have too many variables that can define the fate. That is why Pep is genuine when he says the most important trophy to win is the league

It pains me to defend Jordan but virtually everything he said here is fair comment and he defended City's spending strongly by saying all big clubs do it. He said he would be disappointed as a City fan if City didn't "set up to win the quadruple" but Jim White (as he does) twisted his comment. Jordan didn't use the phrase underachieved. I don't know any City fan who has said we will win the quadruple but I am delighted that we are "giving it a go." I would be upset if we didn't win the title and the League Cup from this position, the Everton cup tie is a big test, and the CL remains a lottery.
I would love City to cop the lot but football is all about hopes and disappointments and most end in heroic or dismal failure. Thats part and parcel of the game.
It's great to watch us at the moment, the disappointing things being not being able to see it at the ground and listening to clowns trying to denigrate or ignore it.
Despite that l thoroughly enjoyed the York away video and the.memories it invoked. Palace were a bit like us but no surprise that Jordan forgot that.

So from 2010/11 until the end of last season? We have more trophies than them but they have 3 European trophies in that time, which is not to be sniffed at.

Chelsea:
1x Champions League
2x Europa League
2x Premier League
2x FA Cup
1x League Cup

So 8 trophies.

City:
4x Premier League
2x FA Cup
5x League Cup
3x Community Shield (if we are counting it)

They’ve done very well in Europe to be fair, even if two of them were the Europa League.
I don't think you can use the Europa in the comparison as we haven't had the opportunity of winning it.

So from 2010/11 until the end of last season? We have more trophies than them but they have 3 European trophies in that time, which is not to be sniffed at.

Chelsea:
1x Champions League
2x Europa League
2x Premier League
2x FA Cup
1x League Cup

So 8 trophies.

City:
4x Premier League
2x FA Cup
5x League Cup
3x Community Shield (if we are counting it)

They’ve done very well in Europe to be fair, even if two of them were the Europa League.
If you look solely at the Pep era Chelsea have outspent City in two of the five windows, and would probably of outspent us in another without the transfer ban, not to mention the ridiculously skewed fee they received for Hazard, things would’ve been a lot closer still, and let’s not forget we won the same amount of trophies in one season that they’ve won in that time! I know where I’d invest my money if I was a Sheik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.