Nathan Ferguson...

...I am sorry I have to ask......Why were you heading the ball at the goal from 55 yards??

....like was it a clearance or actual attempt?
Our winger broke away from their corner, and was tracked by a full back, with their centre half marking our striker, who also ran forward. Our winger crossed the ball. It went to their CB on the goal line, and he volleyed the ball out.

The clearance went high, and first bounce would have been about a yard short of the half way line, in the centre circle.

I was centre half. I followed play out, and was furthest forward when the ball was about to bounce. I met the ball about 2-3 yards inside the opponents half, on the full. My forward momentum, head movement, and the speed of the falling ball all combined to produce a perfect header, which had almost as much power as a kicked volley. Anyway, the ball went back where it came from in almost the exact same trajectory, and cleared the bar by a foot, right over the defender who had cleared the ball.

It was a genuine attempt at goal. I was slightly gutted it didn't go in.

Our winger broke away from their corner, and was tracked by a full back, with their centre half marking our striker, who also ran forward. Our winger crossed the ball. It went to their CB on the goal line, and he volleyed the ball out.

The clearance went high, and first bounce would have been about a yard short of the half way line, in the centre circle.

I was centre half. I followed play out, and was furthest forward when the ball was about to bounce. I met the ball about 2-3 yards inside the opponents half, on the full. My forward momentum, head movement, and the speed of the falling ball all combined to produce a perfect header, which had almost as much power as a kicked volley. Anyway, the ball went back where it came from in almost the exact same trajectory, and cleared the bar by a foot, right over the defender who had cleared the ball.

It was a genuine attempt at goal. I was slightly gutted it didn't go in.
ahhhhhahahaha brilliant, that was the answer i was looking for! Was wondering was this one of those freak incidents in a game where something freakish happens in play and someone trys something "out of the ordinary."

I somehow imagined you as beastly , the only time that I ve seen something like this over the years in games. The player was always a beastly defender.....think I ve seen huge efforts/examples like this about 3-4 times in my life...... all were reasonable efforts too.

Cheers Blue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.