Running thread

On the subject of running, in case has a bit of spare cash at the end of the month, my football team here in Berlin is doing a sponsored team run from Berlin Olympic Stadium to St James Park via various English football stadiums during the month of February. (We're not literally running it, obviously - but between all of us we're running a cumulative total of 1,964 km in Berlin itself.)

We're getting sponsorship for a charity that helps refugees to get settled in Berlin and integrate by playing football. Here's our sponsorship page: https://www.betterplace.org/en/fundraising-events/37078-sc-falco-subbuteo-we-run-you-donate

You can see our progress here: https://www.challengehound.com/challenge/4a364cb0-59b4-11eb-ba69-c977efbffef3

We've nearly reached our target of €2,000. It would be great to get over the top.

(If mods feel this isn't an appropriate post, I'm sorry and please feel free to delete it.)

Just so you know Gaz, what you've been doing is genuinely and literally inspiring. I won't be doing any marathons for a while but I'm up and motivated for my LSR this morning (and that's despite the hangover).
You sure do like your piss up before a LSR mate, kudos for that, takes some doing but a great hangover cure.
I'm nowt special mate, I just keep turning up, maybe not yourself as I know you can do it, but hopefully my runs show to others that it can be done if you want to do it, little over a year ago I was 15stone and smoking like a trooper dreading having signed up for the london marathon, thinking how the fuck would I be able to get round.
I take inspiration from loads on here, yourself, inchy, bluehammer with his huge runstreak even worsleyweb inspires as he keeps trying.
This thread is great for helping folk out, and has definitely helped me a lot with it.
Now enough of this drivel Im off for a run before the match!!

*Todays Gaz76 blowing his own trumpet post*

Great day for it today, just went out for a steady long one, and kept goinView attachment 11339
Just wow. And I’m talking about the heart rate! I normally do about 5min kilometres but expect mine to be in the 160s!
Anyway, what a morning. Lovely weather, match at lunchtime. Got my kit on, so off out for a 10km now...
PS parkrun is back Sat 5 June if anyone wants to add it to their calendar :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.